No Takers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Takers

Post by 75X11 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:55 pm

Looks like I'll have a few pounds of candy to take to work monday. Wish they would make sugar free halloween stuff, instead of selling it in little bitty expensive bags like drugs.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: No Takers

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:25 pm

Kids are not concerned about candy being sugar free. They just care that it is free. Our dogs go crazy with trick-or-treaters, so this year we will not participate. Just too much hassle. Why don't you buy candy you like and then you can eat it if you have any left.

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:17 pm

The candy I can eat runs about 15 cents a piece. I can't afford to give it out. The little buggers not showing made it moot anyway. It goes to work. If they give me a hassle i'll put it in the microwave and make it look like the grotty grotto.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:51 pm

You would not get a hassle for bringing candy where I work. You might have friends you were unaware of, and might be chosen employee of the month. Very Happy

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:20 pm

I hope so. About 6 this evening I accidentally locked myself out of the house. Fortunately the bathroom window was unlatched. My neighbor has all kinds of tools, but I wouldn't have imagined he didn't have a ladder. I had to take my 90 gallon trash barrel, 2 old rimmed tires and a cinder block stacked to get up to the window. The only two bunches of kids came to the door while I was working this out in the back yard. Now that I showed anyone that was looking how to break into the house, I thought I would get the latch to working on the window. Well oiled, it broke off very nicely.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:41 pm

Let me edit this a tad. I do not want it to appear like something like that has not happened to me. I will admit to emitting a muffled chuckle at your expense. Shocked

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:09 am

Embarassed
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:05 pm

To stay on subject, not use to Haloween activity in CA, our first, we bought a fair size bag of candy. Well in Sedona we had 0 treeters in 15 years. We had abought 8 in CA. Needless to say a lot of candy to do something with.
As for your excape 75, had the same problem a little over a month ago. I was sweeping up the small patio area (enclosed in a 6ft. block wall) when my bride of 50 years shouted she was going to the store and proceeded in locking the sliding the sliding glass door for reasons she in uncertain.
Completed the cleanup and tried to exit to no avail. Now what? At my age with one arm that I can barely lift over my head (gone muscle) and stiff joints it makes it more of a challenge than when I was 40 years younger.
Much like you I started stacking things until such time I could get a leg on the wall and make it to the top. Set up there deciding what I might injure for a few minutes and decided to go for it. Wouldn't you know that no one came by when peering over the wall that I could ask to go in the front door (unlocked) and unlock the dang sliding door. All is well but I hope the frau doesn't pull that trick again.
Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:23 pm

I'm hurting from my heels to the back of my neck. It's funny how things like that just fall into place as though they were supposed to. I was out the door and walking to the truck and pulled the keys out of my pocket, and they were the Mustang keys that I had taken the door key off of to let my neighbor test drive it. I have a keyed alike knob to my deadbolt. I can't lock myself out of my deadbolt locked house. I had tripped the knob.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:56 am

Trick, or, treat!!!!!!

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4523
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down