Great customer service still exists

Go down

Great customer service still exists

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:14 pm

It may be rare, but it does exist.

We have had terrible luck with "technology" this summer.  My luck has not improved.  We had three outages of Internet and telephone last summer, being down almost a month awaiting repairs.  Our experience with CenturyLink has been less than satisfactory.  Whenever there was a problem, the "technical advisers" were in a foreign country, but could tell me that the problem was with my computer.  It cost me a hundred bucks to prove that the problem was with their antiquated and overworked equipment.  Whenever there was a problem, we could count on being down at least a week.

We got here last weekend, and Cox had all our services up and running when we got here.  Yesterday, about 10 am the wife was on the phone and I was on the Internet when everything went blank.  We called Cox on a cellphone, explained what happened, and they scheduled a technician for between one and three pm.  He arrived about 11:05am and had us up and running by noon.  A splitter outside in our box had broken and put us out of business.  We were down about an hour, the technician could not have been more accommodating, and he offered us a month of free service for our inconvenience.  How can you beat that kind of service?

WC

Last edited by Wildcat445 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5015
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Great customer service still exists

Post by 75X11 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:41 pm

And that is the first report I've read on Cox's service. That made for some good advertising.
75X11

Number of posts : 4581
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:56 pm

Cox has been getting negative press because of their proposed all-digital service coming to my area in March.  The technician assured me that the new system would still work with my old CRT television.  EVERY TV will have to have a box, regardless of whether it is a HD flat panel or a 1953 RCA.  The Cox technician advised me that the old style CRT sets would receive a full screen picture in lieu of the black lines at the top on some stations like we currently have.  We'll see.  I can get OTA stations here, so I'm not too worried about my old RCA CRT set still working.  Cox has been good to us.  They are as good as CenturyLink is bad.  I would not wish CenturyLink on my worst enemy.  Cox's technical advisors are all in the United States, usually in Texas.  They all speak English and actually either fix the problem right then and there, or they send a technician in a reasonable amount of time.  They all tell you right up front that getting us back up and running is their top priority.  Then they do it.  I have to give credit where it is due.

BTW, we turned down the free month of service. Things like this happen. They did all they could do. No need to appear punitive.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5015
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down