AC Delco Wall Radio PR-200M

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AC Delco Wall Radio PR-200M

Post by Greg Davis on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:44 pm

While wandering aimlessly through yet another antique I ran across this little beauty.  It isn't in perfect condition, but it's the first of its kind that I have seen "in the wild".  I probably got stung on the price ($50), but what the heck.  At least I own one now.

Greg Davis

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: AC Delco Wall Radio PR-200M

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:49 am

I find the price of a radio is a personal thing. Everyone should have some  discretionary money to enjoy as they see fit.

I just purchased a pair of Knight C-100 Citizens Band Transceivers (Allied Radio) at a cost of $33. They are in OK shape but they were crap when new. I don't care.....I wanted them as a kid and never got them. I have a collection of Knight kit radios I wanted as a kid.  I now enjoy these things and don't care about the money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:18 am

You only go around once. Good for you, Greg.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:00 pm

The objective of collecting is to get the things you like. One tries for the best cost and it is always up to the buyer whether it is worth it or not. A big profit on any old radio is a fluke at best. It was and is the entertainment they provide.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:23 pm

For most people radio is a hobby. And with that here is my thoughts on price. If I can get some entertainment, using or restoring and I do not do without a need or make my family do without then I may pay the asking price. In other words if a radio is 20 ,50 or more will I get that much enjoyment out of it? I have paid way too much at times for radios but due to the enjoyment I got they were worth it.

I once paid more than I thought a small 1960s toy Ford pickup camper radio. But it was a radio and I have a real truck just like it. I went back and forth at the meet looking at it. I usually have a certain amount I take to the meets and I hadn't really bought anything much. So I splurged and got it. I got my moneys worth out of it. So don't look at value look at the enjoyment of the radio. If I saw a RCA radio similar to that I would not hesitate to pay what you did or a little more. Enjoy it, hobbies are nothing more than a relaxing entertainment or at least they should be.

Now I go to yard sales,goodwill and other places to find LP records. I mostly pay a buck or less. I also picked up a really neat Channel master stereo with record player that I have set up to transfer the music to my computer. So I can make CDs to listen to in my car. So don't fret about the cost, enjoy.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1402
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top