Longmire is coming back!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Longmire is coming back!

Post by Wildcat445 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:27 pm

That's the good news. The bad news is that it is "streaming on Netflix" what the hell ever that means. My question is this: is there any way to watch this new season of Longmire on a TV set using some type of procedure simple enough for me to do it? If I have to have another widget or device, I'll wait for it to come out on DVD.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Longmire is coming back!

Post by jerryhawthorne on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:30 pm

WC, I love to tweek you! To get Longmire, what ever that is but is streaming on Netflix all you need is a WiFi set up, a Netflix account AND a smart TV! Hang on to your old TVs but it might be nice to have a "backup" in case you wish to get in the 21st century! Wink Wink Wink
I'm just here to start controversy! I have to admit though, if I wanted a pickup truck I would look for an older Ranger assuming I don't wish to tow a huge trailer or tow a tractor out of the mud.
Best, Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:20 pm

Maybe find out when Netflix will put out a disc version.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:38 am

That is my best option, it seems. I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD. I'm not going to pay more just to watch Longmire. It is a great show, though. I can get some kind of a Zulu or ruku or some such doodad to use with my old CRT TV sets, but that is out of the question for me. I know how to run the DVD player. Thanks, guys.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:12 am

The newer blue-ray DVD players will connect to your WIFI signal and also connect to a CRT TV. I use one. My TV is so old I had to use an RF adapter connected to the 75 ohm VHF input.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:53 am

I don't understand why they could not have just put Longmire back on TV like normal. Why all this streaming Netflix crap? I guess so I'll be forced into buying more things I have to program and beg to work correctly. No, thanks. I appreciate your suggestion, Mez.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:44 pm

WC, Mez offered an idea that I had forgot about.  Before we used a Panasonic DVR that would pick up your WiFi for Netflix only and worked well.  You still need to pay a few bucks a month to subscribe to Netflix.  Nice part is you had access to all their programing.  Like it or not!  DVRs are relative cheap, ours has a single push button on the remote for netflix.  Many others now (two years ago we bought the Panasonic) no doubt have that feature.
We will try to get you a little into new programming!
Best,  Jerry

PS: what do you consider "normal" TV, tell me OTA as that is no longer "normal" for most of the populatiion. Although at our place in CA I would guess we get a lot of OTA and have an antenna in the attic which the parents use to use and I installed when much younger crawling through the atic. Perhaps I should hook that up to our TV and see what kind of picture we get?

jerryhawthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:55 pm

I am excited with the possibility that Longmire was coming back. I guess A&E had to cancel their only good show so they would have room for a reality show or something. I quickly got grumpy when I found strings attached. I appreciate your trying to teach an old dog new tricks. We have cable in AZ with "On Demand" which is nice and simple. The waiting for the DVD idea is the simplest.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:43 pm

WC, the cost to link to Netflix is less than $10/month. I have a feeling that Nexflix vidos on CD will probably be gone. We used them for a long time until we streamed it. You get one video/have to return it to get another. If you work fast, maybe a few a month. Get a new DVD player with WiFi and total access to all Nexflix stuff. Hey I'm computer dumb.
The Wife says she likes Lingmire we will look for it!

Best, Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:10 pm

WC, we searched for Longmire on NetFlix and indeed we have all seasons and the new ones. The wife loves it and well it is good. Thanks for the leed now you need to get NetFlix streaming and you could go back and watch previous seasons.
Best, Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top