Radios for Sale

Go down

Radios for Sale

Post by Snake on Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:21 pm

I have three table top and 2 floor model consoles for sale. They are all original & seem to come on (hum), but I do not get any radio stations. I'm sure some of the tubes are bad as they are pretty old. The tabletop radios are a RCA XF-33 (?), a Minerva dark brown bakelite and a Crosley Chartreuse bakelite. The floor models are a Magnavox Georgian and a Crosley 88CR. I would like to sell them as an entire lot. I have some pictures, am in the Morgantown, WV area and can list prices if you are interested.

Snake

Number of posts : 0
Registration date : 2015-09-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Radios for Sale

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:59 pm

First off, welcome to TRF. We are glad you're here.

Prices and pictures would be helpful as well.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:30 pm

As Wildcat says; "Welcome to TRF" Very Happy

In addition to photos and prices, it would be nice to know where you are located, especially where those floor models are concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:35 pm

Ok, sorry, re-reading your post I see you are in Morgantown West Virginia. We usually look in the members profile for location.

Back to top Go down

Radios for sale

Post by Snake on Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:31 pm

How do I upload photos? Is there a size limit? I took them in a 640x480 format thinking that they would be able to upload them directly from my computer, but on my first attempt I was told they are too big for this site.

Wildcat445 wrote:First off, welcome to TRF.  We are glad you're here.

WC

Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:35 pm

Since you already have the photos, open an account with www.photobucket.com , it's free.

Once you have your photos there you can use the "image link" in your post here. Remember to copy a link from photobucket  for each photo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:06 pm

This is the easiest site on the planet to post pictures on. Try this:

http://www.tuberadioforum.com/t4163-hosting-then-posting-pictures?highlight=posting+pictures

Good luck.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 pm

Still wouldn't let me upload any photos.  I tried the host an image & then hit Host it & upload, but nothing!  not sure what the problem is.. I have uploaded photos to other sites before with no issues.  It does tell me that the upload size is 0 though.

Snake

Back to top Go down

Curious

Post by Snake on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:42 pm

Wonder if I can send the images to a private message since I can't seem to get them to upload?

Wildcat445 wrote:First off, welcome to TRF.  We are glad you're here.

WC

Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:41 pm

You can PM them to me and I will upload. If they don't go in a PM, send the PM anyway and I'll send you my email address to help you.

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:46 pm

I have found uploading to a site a bit complex to get it sized properly. I do use Photobucket. I load the pictures on my desk top and then go to PB and load them there. I select the IMG after highlighting the picture (an important step as if you click on the picture it will come up on the right side of the screen, there you click on the IMG option and it should briefly indicated copied) then move over to the forum and paste. I'm certain there are easier ways but this is the one I have learned. I'm old! Keep both windows open and you can go back and forth to add more pictures to your thread.
Mez can give you a hand if you can e-mail them to him. (Good guy).
Jerry PS: Welcome!

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:51 pm

I think I finally figured out how to do this & now that i finally got it ready to put photos on here, I'm told I'm not allowed to post photos for 7 days! Not sure if it is worth the hassle!!

Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:59 am

That doesn't make any sense. I don't know why this site shouldn't allow you to do it.......................

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4559
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Radios for sale-Photos

Post by Snake on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:09 am

Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:34 pm

Good job posting your pictures! What are You asking for them?

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Radios for sale

Post by Snake on Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:17 pm

Since I really don't know much about them, their value, etc., I have no good idea. Do you have a number in mind that you think they might be worth? All I know is that they all hum, but don't play. I'm assuming that some of the tubes might be bad and that they did work a fairly long time ago. I do have some numbers in mind based on some stuff I have found on the web, but not sure if they are even "in the ballpark". Throw me a number & I'll be glad to talk. I want to sell them all as one lot rather than to break them up & I know the green Crosley dashboard radio is probably the most expensive of the lot.

Wildcat445 wrote:Good job posting your pictures!  What are You asking for them?

WC

Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:46 pm

Snake, we don't even know your location which could impact price particularly in a "all or nothing" situation in which shipping costs could well exceed value. You will be looking for local pickup.
Best, Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:53 pm

I was gonna ask that, too, Jerry. In his first post it says he's in Virginia. I like them all for what that is worth. I'm not comfortable pricing somebody else's radios. I tend to "think cheap" and make my offer accordingly, which is not always realistic. Shipping for me in this case would be cost prohibitive.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:10 pm

Sorry I missed that WC, I was looking at his profile. My bad. I hope Snake understands that buy all will very much limit his audience. He needs someone local. Perhaps someone more "local" can suggest a price. Even if I liked them and had to buy all and shipped, it would be a killer for Jake packing and the person that wish to buy the lot. I know a PIA to sell off one at a time but perhaps the only way to go on this Snake.

jerryhawthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:47 pm

He is in West Virginia, about 4 hours from me. It's going to be hard to sell the whole lot unless you are willing to offer a real low price to someone close enough to pick them up. I'm not interested in all of them and to be honest, there is only one that catches my eye. Prices are all over the place on these radios, so it will be hard to pin down a good price.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:39 pm

OK, here's what I came up with based on info from stuff I found on the internet. As you state, the numbers are all over the place depending on where you look. I hope these numbers aren't too low or don't scare anyone off. I guess they are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them! The reason I prefer to sell them as a lot is that, if the most desirable is cherry-picked, then the rest are merely doorstops & will end up in the landfill. I can could at least gut the floor models & the re-purpose the cabinets.

The RCA is probably only worth about $30.
The Minerva is probably only worth about $30.
The Magnavox is probably only worth about $100.
The Crosley CR-88 is probably only worth about $125.
The Crosley dashboard radio would probably be the most desirable of the bunch and is probably worth about $150.

Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Davis on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:43 am

Nice looking Crosley. I have a weak spot for Crosleys.
Greg Davis

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:36 pm

I like Crosley radios. I'm not thrilled with Crosley cabinets. Crosley cabinets, at least the ones I have, are not very well-built. The radios are built like a tank, for the most part.

Your Magnavox instrument, although in good condition, would be over-priced here in the Midwest. Maybe $50 to the right person. It is mono, has a clunky changer, and is not a "desirable" model. The Crosley console you could not give away (I personally like it). The table radios, who knows? The Minerva would be interesting, but then we have shipping and packing. On the "left coast" your radios would be a bargain.

You will likely not get much support by threatening to gut and repurpose a radio cabinet on an antique radio forum. We used to say in the antique car business that there is a butt for every seat. Patience will be a virtue in your quest to sell your radios. The right deal will come along. Good luck.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:25 pm

I want to thank everyone for the feedback! It is most helpful for me in trying to get a handle on the "market" value on each of these radios. It appears from the comments on here that selling them as a lot might not be the smartest move on my part. That is also part of my learning curve. I figured a group deal would be more cost effective that selling them one at a time, plus the cherry picking issues I mentioned in an earlier post.

As I stated, these numbers came from several different sources on the internet & we all know different areas, supply & demand, etc. can affect their value. Right now I am in no real hurry to do anything with them, but I will eventually need to get them to a good home. I would prefer to leave everything intact, as I am a fan of originality, but just stating that re-purposing would be a possible option in the future.

Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down