Conan O'Brian ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Conan O'Brian ??

Post by Love Radios on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:00 am

I usually watch the first 10 minutes of Leno, and on Monday watch his "headlines". Once in a while he has a pretty good guest IF I can stay awake (ET).

But this Conan O'Brian is nothin' to me. Anyone else going to forgo the tonight show or do you think Conan is OK?

Love Radios

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Conan O'Brian ??

Post by Timaaay! on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:39 am

I still miss Johnny Crying or Very sad
Timaaay!

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by tube radio on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:06 am

I miss Johnny too.

Lee

tube radio

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnesotaHam on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:42 am

I do not currently watch the Tonight Show: O'Brien won't change that.

I got tired of Leno's skits and fabricated compromising photos of Kevin and the rest of the staff. I too used to tune in on Monday's only, for the headline bits. That also got old. Occasionally he would have a decent or interesting guest on, but it is so rare that it's not worth even watching the promo to see who is going to be on. Leno had an impossible job: 2nd act following the undisputed king and master of late night televison who set the bar so high as to put it out of reach. Neither Leno, O'Brian, nor Letterman ever had the people interviewing skills of Johnny. Johnny avoiding embarrassing his guests while Leno and Letterman delight in doing so. O'Brian has much too much self deprecating humor.

MinnesotaHam

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnObrien on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:54 pm

Carson was the undisputed master. Leno - ok somerimes. Conan adolescent humor.

JohnObrien

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:29 pm

Personally, I think the Tonight show was better with Johnny Carson, and, Ed Mc Mann.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Timaaay! on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:31 pm

Me too, Bill. Who could possibly top Carson?
Remember Aunt Blabby, Floyd R turbo, and of course, my favorite, Carnac ?
I'll never forget the time, while playing Carnac, the audience booed at a joke and Carson gave one of those looks into the camera and said "May a weird radio repairman stick a new tube into your sister." Classic!
Timaaay!

Back to top Go down

Post by DA on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:58 pm

In 1958 I went to see Johnny Carson when he had his afternoon show in NYC. It was called "Who Do You Trust?"
Here's a link to some youtube videos clips from the show.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=%22Who%20Do%20You%20Trust%3F%22&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#q=%22Who+Do+You+Trust%3F%22+Carson&hl=en&emb=0

In the 1950's I played a lot of golf with a friend on a crowded public course. On one occasion in the late 50's we were paired up with a couple of other guys who we didn't know. On the first hole one of them, wearing a huge tam-o-shanter, hit his ball in the rough. My ball was in the fairway next to the rough where he hit his ball. It was his turn to hit, so as I watched him, he calmly unzipped a pocket on his golf bag and pulled out a tee that was nearly a foot long! He pounded it into the ground with the head of his golf club and proceeded to hit out of the rough. One night a few years later I was watching the Tonight Show which in those days was in NYC. Johnny had a guest come on stage wearing a beanie with a propeller on it who rode a tricycle round the stage. I was amazed to see that he was the same guy that hit his ball in the rough. It turned out he was a bit of an eccentric and was even from my home town, but I had never heard of him.

DA

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Uffda on Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:06 pm

I like Conan. He is of the school of "toss a ton of 'em against the wall and some are bound to stick." Often adolescent, sometimes just plain goofy, but frequently enough for me, original and hilarious. How he will do with the Tonight Show format is anybody's guess. If he tries to do the traditional monologue and interviews, he may seem too bland, like Letterman became when he gave up the sneakers.

-Phil

Uffda

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:18 pm

If Conan were to get some serious time for his stuff He would do a lot better. He's nuts and I like his attitude.
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 976

Back to top Go down

Post by Timaaay! on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:07 am

Is it just me or has Letterman turned into a bitter guy? He seems to be quite opinionated and have little tolerance with those whom he disagrees. I used to like Letterman in the first years, but I don't find his attitude appealing.
I know someone who worked for the show and they have said that Letterman is not very nice (to put it mildly) to his coworkers and is always complaining about something or another.
At least Conan SEEMS like a decent guy.
Timaaay!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top