Who Made These Micro Swabs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who Made These Micro Swabs?

Post by Dale H. Cook on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:17 pm

Although these are not test equipment I use them when working on test eqipment and other electronics.

For many years I have used these for a variety of cleaning tasks in tight places:

I think they were called "micro swabs" but I disremember who made them. I bought them at a local parts jobber that has long since gone out of business. I recently showed them to an old friend who had worked at that jobber, but he did not recognize them.

They have plastic shafts which bend at the corrugations, and fibrous globular heads, like little brush bristles sticking out every way (not cotton or foam heads).

My initial thought was that they were Chemtronics or Techspray, but I don't see them on either site, and extensive online searching of electronics and cosmetics distributors has not found them. For all I know they may have gone out of production years ago.

I am running low on both sizes and would love to find more, even if I have to buy NOS in moderate quantity. Does anyone recognize them?
Dale H. Cook

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Made These Micro Swabs?

Post by 75X11 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:55 pm

These sure look close.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2055845.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xmicro+swabs.TRS0&_nkw=micro+swabs&_sacat=0
75X11

Number of posts : 5019
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale H. Cook on Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:18 pm

I ended up ordering the inxepensive cosmetic swabs, and although they are not as nice as the ones I had been using they should suffice.

Dale H. Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:53 pm

You'll have to do as I have, make those do while you look for the ones you would rather have. There are probably some floating around somewhere.
75X11

Number of posts : 5019
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale H. Cook on Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:13 pm

I bought my original batches years ago, and they were likely the more expensive dental swabs (which, unlike cosmetic swabs, must be sterile, and may be otherwise of better quality) repurposed and repackaged for jobbers by someone like Chemtronics or Techspray.
Dale H. Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top