2 New Channels...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 New Channels...

Post by 75X11 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:16 pm

..In our local OTA market. The first one is Decades. It is trying to have a theme of programs from a given time frame and/or production company. Their programming is rather poor. E.G. last weekend they showed just episodes of The Lucy Show.
The other one and one I like is Buzzr. They show game shows. Mostly pre- 1985 ones on videotape, but also kinescopes (good ones) of the CBS game shows from the fifties to 1965. They were showing a broadcast of What's My Line from the mid fifties with a help wanted commercial from Remington Rand. There are a couple of the original commercials on each of the older ones. I loved those shows from before I was school age and they still are fun to watch.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 New Channels...

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:51 pm

There certainly are no new shows worth watching anymore. The older shows are at least entertaining. You are fortunate indeed. Very Happy

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:14 pm

I'm down to watching "The Addams family" on dvd.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4530
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:36 pm

If it was up to me I would disconnect the cable and internet at home. I would just watch all the VCR tapes we have and convert them to DVD or computer files. The better half doesn't want to do that. We have enough tapes that if we did that we could watch 3 hrs a day and by the time we got done we would have forgot what the first tape was.

We are connected to tv through our local small town phone company, no big name. To my surprise they show old shows I have never seen or heard of. We have stacks of LPs and CDs so music is in the same boat. If folks would just quit watching the garbage they show maybe then they would just put something on. But it might wind up like am radio in my area, political talk shows or Hispanic music. I don't care for either.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:58 pm

I agree. Paying for TV is ridiculous for no more on worth seeing than there is. The wife won't hear of it. I go to the shop and listen to radio or play records or tapes or something.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:24 pm

I think one of these days I'll quit cable. If I only had more good programs to watch on dvd.
I have "Gilligan's Island", Three seasons of "The Donna Reed show", Two seasons of "Hazel", "The honeymooners", "My mother the car",
"Green acres", "Dark Shadows", and, various movies. One of my favorites is Don Knotts in "The ghost and, Mr. Chicken".

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:19 pm

"They should have used Bon AMI!!" The ghost and mr chicken is one of my favorite movies. I love all of his 60s movies ,reluctant astronaut, incredible mr limpet and others. I must be old, I like the old stuff. But I was listening to big band when I was in my early 20s. Maybe I am like George Bailey and I was just born old.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:17 pm

On Sunday night They aired "what's my line" and it was a riot watching them try to guess a lady barber. They had one with Fred Astaire being the mystery guest. He was talking about his latest movie, "Silk Stockings". The only thing depressing about it is that it is the free stuff and I am watching it on cable because there was nothing on cable worth a crap.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:41 am

The wife dug out Season One of the "Sopranos" the other day and we have been watching that. That was an amazingly good show in most respects. I have all three parts of "The Godfather" and also "Lonesome Dove" that I would not mind seeing again.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:09 am

Actually, they DID use Bon Ami. Well, How about the move "The ghost and, Mrs. Muir"? Haven't been able to find the tv series of it, though........... I have some "Howdy Doody", and, "Mickey Mouse Club". I can't get the original "Captain Kangaroo", though years ago on ebay I bought one dvd of 3 of Bob Keeshan's original 50's show of it. The films he copied were poor quality, and, one was missing segments... "Hello. I'm Captain Kangaroo." Ah. Mr. Green jeans with visiting farm animals, Dancing bear, Mr. Clock. My favorite was tricky old Bunny Rabbit, and, the always prank pulling Mr. Moose with his knock knock jokes that always ended with ping pong balls falling all over the captain........

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:14 am

OH.. I forgot the tv series "Tug boat Annie". Then, on channel 9 from Canada I enjoyed "Chatter. What's the matter with you?", Popeye starring Poop deck Paul, or, Captain Jolly", or, "The jingles show".

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top