The Fates Can Tell...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Fates Can Tell...

Post by 75X11 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:56 pm

When you get caught up. 2 weeks ago, my A/C failed. They got a tech out quick, it was the starter cap. Then I told my sister, who lives with her oldest daughter and husband. Two days later their A/C failed. No money to fix it. I told them to call the repairman. their charge was $59 for a service call. They said they didn't want to, what if it was too expensive to fix it? I said then you will know how much it is to fix and what is the matter with it instead of worrying how much it could be. "I know it will be way too much" I said DO. IT. They called just a little bit ago, the controller failed, it would be just $50 more to fix it. Not bad for an open market price where it has been 95-100 degrees out. So I have done my good deed and am just about back to broke.
avatar
75X11
Member
Member

Number of posts : 4900
Age : 61
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fates Can Tell...

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:55 pm

This has been an expensive month for us as well. You are not alone. We had planned and budgeted for the expenses, but that does not make it hurt any less. Let's hope you get "back to broke" without anything else happening.

WC

Wildcat445
Member
Member

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fates Can Tell...

Post by willy3486 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:27 pm

A few years ago we paid the house off and then the state wanted our front yard. I had promised my wife we would redo the front porch once the house was paid for so we did that and had some left over. They gave us more than I expected so I thought we finally had a decent nest egg so we could go to in a minutes notice.

Well we paid for a years schooling for our daughter, replaced the AC unit and had to replace the back covered porch as it was in bad shape. The back porch was thrown together with leftover lumber from building the house. So after all that the nest egg is gone. But we are debt free mostly so it eases the pain of unexpected bills.

The good thing is usually when we need something we wind up with extra money. I wanted to replace our mower. I wound up with a extra 150, sold 4 old mowers and a load of scrap metal. I was able to get a good running rear engine snapper I am well pleased with. I not not only got rid of a few things I wanted gone I got a better mower with no debt. So I guess I will take getting by and happy over being rich and miserable any day. I have seen way too many rich folks miserable.

willy3486
Member
Member

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fates Can Tell...

Post by 75X11 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:56 pm

"Rich" is not just a monetary thing. Satisfaction and peace of mind count for a lot.
avatar
75X11
Member
Member

Number of posts : 4900
Age : 61
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fates Can Tell...

Post by willy3486 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:06 pm

75X11 wrote:"Rich" is not just a monetary thing.  Satisfaction and peace of mind count for a lot.
So very true.

willy3486
Member
Member

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fates Can Tell...

Post by Greg Davis on Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:48 am

It's odd how some people let fear run their lives. That was good counsel on your part, 75. People worry so much about the little things that they sometimes forget to take care of the big things... like making sure you can survive a heat wave.
avatar
Greg Davis
Moderator
Moderator

Number of posts : 277
Age : 57
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fates Can Tell...

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:21 am

I have to admit that I've been poor all my life, but, always richly blessed by the Lord with many things, including life, relatively good health, the ability to do things that nobody ever dreamed I'd be able to do....
I have a home, a loving dog, friends, my church, my antiques.... I have a lot to be thankful for. He's even kept my vision going.
What Have I to fear with God by my side??

_________________
Please also join us here;  http://videokarma.org/index.php
avatar
Bill Cahill
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4540
Age : 66
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fates Can Tell...

Post by willy3486 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:31 am

Bill Cahill wrote:I have to admit that I've been poor all my life, but, always richly blessed by the Lord with many things, including life, relatively good health, the ability to do things that nobody ever dreamed I'd be able to do....
I have a home, a loving dog, friends, my church, my antiques.... I have a lot to be thankful for. He's even kept my vision going.
What Have I to fear with God by my side??

You are a very rich man indeed. I wish more folks thought like this, my life might be easier to deal with them. We think alike. You say you have been poor all your life but with a attitude like that you are very rich in the way it really matters.

willy3486
Member
Member

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fates Can Tell...

Post by 75X11 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:33 pm

Greg Davis wrote:It's odd how some people let fear run their lives.  That was good counsel on your part, 75.  People worry so much about the little things that they sometimes forget to take care of the big things... like making sure you can survive a heat wave.

I used to worry like that, but I've found if you use the tax on your life that worrying exacts and apply it to finding a solution, it makes life a lot easier.
avatar
75X11
Member
Member

Number of posts : 4900
Age : 61
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fates Can Tell...

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:59 pm

willy3486 wrote:
Bill Cahill wrote:I have to admit that I've been poor all my life, but, always richly blessed by the Lord with many things, including life, relatively good health, the ability to do things that nobody ever dreamed I'd be able to do....
I have a home, a loving dog, friends, my church, my antiques.... I have a lot to be thankful for. He's even kept my vision going.
What Have I to fear with God by my side??

You are a very rich man indeed. I wish more folks thought like this, my life might be easier to deal with them. We think alike. You say you have been poor all your life but with a attitude like that you are very rich in the way it really matters.

Thanks. I'm learning.. I certainly know God helps me with everything....
I just need to keep the faith....

_________________
Please also join us here;  http://videokarma.org/index.php
avatar
Bill Cahill
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4540
Age : 66
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fates Can Tell...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum