We Need Posters in the Phonograph Forum

Go down

We Need Posters in the Phonograph Forum Empty We Need Posters in the Phonograph Forum

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:37 pm

Guys I don't want to be the only member creating threads and posting in the Phonograph forum. What am I going to do, talk to myself in there?

Come on guys, help me out here.

Back to top Go down

We Need Posters in the Phonograph Forum Empty Re: We Need Posters in the Phonograph Forum

Post by Ken g on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:00 pm

Ok .. i added to the Ristaucrat topic

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

We Need Posters in the Phonograph Forum Empty Re: We Need Posters in the Phonograph Forum

Post by philco fan on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:41 pm

o.k i'll put up a biggee.
the victim is a steinite 102a if i remember right-dual 350's for output. the power supply was forcefully removed by dropping it out of the cabinet thereby detaching the 14 odd wires from the main chassis. after days of research and much work i finally figured out the connections so i could reattach the pwr supply and low and behold the behemoth sprang to life! but not the phono,anyone know how to check one of these old phono heads?the motor runs fine and i can hear music at the needle but nothing out of the speaker.
phil

schematic here;

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel/524/M0040524.pdf

post moved to phono section

Last edited by philco fan on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:13 am; edited 2 times in total

philco fan

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by philco fan on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:03 pm

after all that it's in the wrong forum,are there mods here to move it?
phil

philco fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:46 am

Phil just cut & paste it to another place & edit/remove it here .

What kind of head does that thing have ? i have repaired about all of them .

Ken g

Back to top Go down

Post by philco fan on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:09 am

hi ken,it's a '29 radio/phono so no cartridge.it's one of those that uses steel needles.
phil

post moved to phono section

philco fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:27 am

It probably has an early magnetic head on it . I have restored a few . My 36 Wurlitzer jukebox has one . Its a matter of checking the coil and replacing any hardened rubber bushings in it .
I made all the bushings out of those light brown squishy gum rubber gromets by hand

Ken g

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum