New recording studio

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New recording studio

Post by terrydec on Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:36 pm

I really scored recently with two items from eBay.  Both were a gamble since each were "Not working for parts or repair only".
One was a Marantz PMD670/U1B digital recorder.  This item originally sold for $999.00.  I got it for $34+ $12 shipping.  It works perfect.  It didn't come with the battery holder or door cover.  Some persistent charm at the Marantz company got me the door.  The battery holder was a little harder.  They literally don't exist-period.  However a surplus company in Israel is selling four junked 670's.  Over time I was able to convince the seller to pop out one of the battery holders and sell it to me for $15 + $9 shopping.

The next item was also a gamble.  It was also "Not working for parts or repair only.  It is a Sennheiser ME80 shotgun microphone.  The main problem was it couldn't be tested because it needed a power supply.  It also had obviously been dropped.  I got it for $32 + $8 shipping. It works perfect and sounds as good as any of my other 'broadcast' mics, even the RE20. It originally sold for $699.

So counting the extras, like a wind screen and holder for the ME 80, I got a new recording system, worth almost two grand, for under $200.

Pretty cool, huh?
terrydec

Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Re: New recording studio

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:56 pm

It is a good deal if you can use it. Or if you can flip it and double your money.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:52 pm

I got it to create a new radio show with lots of remote stuff. Maybe I'll get back on the air again.
terrydec

Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Good for you! That was some fancy shopping.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top