Would You Like To Be Fried With That?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would You Like To Be Fried With That?

Post by 75X11 on Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:01 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/06/for-some-reason-people-are-loving-this-lightning-bolt-strike-a-wendys-restaurant-5281938/
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Would You Like To Be Fried With That?

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:47 pm

Lightning makes me a lot of money but I don't want to be there when it happens! affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:20 am

I have been hit indirectly by lightning twice. Once years ago I was in the house sitting on a bench during a storm. I was about a foot from the phone when lightning hit the pole and ran down to the phone. Apparently it jumped from the phone to me. It was one of the most painful shocks I had. Then a few years ago I was inside the house again looking out the window at the rain. It had not been lightning then all of a sudden it hit something outside the window and somehow shocked me as well. Not as painful as the first time. About 20 years ago in my 12x12 workshop I had at that time Lightning hit the antenna I had on the side of the building. It burned through the aluminum at the top and came down the cable. I had the cable tied to a switch box and nothing was connected to that. Once in side it did all kinds of damage. It burned up a chip in a small GE tv that wasn't even connected to the AC. It also somehow burned the wire going to my small window AC in two. Lightning can do crazy things.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top