It rained last night.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It rained last night.

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:39 pm

We got a little over 7 inches of rain in about two hours. The storm woke me up about 3 am. Normally, nothing wakes me up. The storm was coming from the north east and was blowing the rain almost sideways. The level of the Lake of the Ozarks rose almost 5 feet here. Our park is flooded and the boat docks are almost 6 feet higher than the driveway. Nearly everybody has suffered some kind of damage to their boat docks. The association swim dock is completely under water, as it is tied to the floor of the lake. There is a six foot high sign with boat launching instructions that is completely under water. It is hard to imagine enough rain to raise the level of the lake that much. There is an island with boat docks around it and this island is completely submerged with about three feet of water. Our neighbor has owned his home since 1959 and he claims he has never seen the water on the lake this high. The only thing we had happen at our place was some water ran under our garage door. There is debris showing that the water was about a foot high on our garage door. If you hear on the news about this part of the country getting a shower, believe it.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: It rained last night.

Post by 75X11 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:34 pm

You folks must be getting all that rain that is missing the southwest.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:18 pm

I have never seen it rain that hard, ever. They say we are going to get it again tonight. At the height of the storm, I could not see across the road. We are very fortunate to not have suffered any damage.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:40 pm

And, rain here, in the SE is almost non existent.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4523
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tuberadiogeek on Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:18 am

We got hammered with lots and lots of rain most of June. Some areas around town and near-by places got flooded twice. We ended up with 12.67" of rain for June, the average amount is 3.89". It hasn't rained significantly in over a week and there are still areas that are still wetter than usual. Our river went above flood stage at least twice last month, not certain how high it was since there is no flood gauge on it. We have a park with lots of low areas near the river with lots of ponds and it is still so bad it smells like sewer and looks like a swamp in some areas. One rainfall on June 15th dumped like 5" of rain on us and was quite crazy. Now it looks like other areas are getting the kind of rain we got last month. Here is a photo of an underpass that was flooded during the rainfall on June 15th, this was the first time I ever seen that area become flooded.
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:02 am

Oh, my!!
Not good. Can you show more of the flooded areas?? Be careful, though. Sorry to hear of this...............

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4523
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:08 am

We got hit again last evening about 10pm. I was driving home from town. It took me a little over an hour to drive 15 miles, it was raining so hard. I had to stop several times because it was raining so hard I could not see to drive. Our rain gauge showed a tad under 4 inches, in just over an hour and a half. Not as much wind this time. The lightning was fantastic.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:16 pm

We got a whole .1" last night with lots of lighting in Sedona. Every little bit helps. I would hate to see 5" in a short time period. Flood city.
WC, glad your place was spared any damage. Love that Lake of the Ozarks area.
Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:54 pm

We've been getting plenty of rain here in this part of the SE. It's now toad time too with the little things running around all over the place. They could sit on a quarter with room to spare.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:58 pm

The management would not let us leave work last night.  There was a tornado warning out for our area.  The frau was home alone and the dogs did not like the thunder and lightning, so I got permission to leave anyway.  The worst of the storm was between here and town.  This morning, when we drove back to town to go grocery shopping, a tornado had gone thru between our place and town.  Apparently, I drove through it.  It was raining so hard, I missed the tornado.  Whatever wind there was tore up a resort area and did damage to their marina. We have a few limbs down and that, but nothing that I would call heavy damage.  The lake is still pretty high, but nothing like yesterday morning.  There is only about a foot and a half of water on the road in the park and the geese can't swim on the basketball court.  The island is still under water, so people have to wade to their boats.  That should dampen the activity for the Fourth of July.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:03 pm

It seems like it has periods when you just can't shake the bad weather.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top