Playing The Field (Or Yard)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Playing The Field (Or Yard)

Post by jerryhawthorne on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:18 pm

I have not owned one of those blasted beasts in almost 20 years! In AZ, at least our area no one has a lawn. Happy with that. Before all gas ones, what a PIA. They were hard to start and one I had to walk behind it with a screw driver in my pocket to tighten up parts that were falling off. Usually the gas tank or something else. I don't miss doing mowing any more. Out here in CA they use very large ride on things for the condo group. At least they don't start mowing until around 9 AM!
Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 732
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:46 pm

I was at a Buick car show on Saturday and ran across a 31,000 actual mile, triple black, 1968 Buick Electra 225 Limited sport sedan nearly identical to the one I bought new, and was THE best car I ever owned. This thing was uber-loaded with only a headlamp dimmer and fiber optic light monitors missing. GORGEOUS car and possibly for sale. I do not need another Buick, but, man, what a car! Very Happy

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:52 pm

I know WC, your still looking for a car!  Just buy a riding lawn mower.  Or of course a VW or an older Porsche if you want speed and handling. Laughing Laughing Of course if you really like the cars from 68, I'm guessing you had a girl friend at the local gas station.
I like picking on you as a fellow AZ person.
Best, Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 732
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:17 am

That Electra would get 18-20 mpg on Super Shell gasoline, whch was $.32 cents a gallon back then. It had a 28 gallon gas tank, so you could run forever on a tank. The only problem I had with that '68 was the front disc brakes. It was equipped with the early four-piston calipers, which had the bad habit of sticking. My car was converted back to front drums and it worked flawlessly after that. I put almost 200,000 miles on it and traded it for a new '74 just like the '68, only not black. That car was the biggest pile of junk I ever owned, and possibly the biggest piece of junk ever built by GM or anyone else. It was as bad as the '68 was good. Every part on that '74 came from the reject bin. It had factory air bags, and even those were defective. Just a horrible car. My last new Buick.

I ran slam over a VW bug in New York City one day when I was pulling a reefer. That is a story for another day. I put Firestone Transport 100 tire prints on the hood or trunk or whatever panel that was in front of the windshield on one of those things.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top