Some peoples Children

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some peoples Children

Post by willy3486 on Tue May 26, 2015 9:29 pm

Someone I use to know would say the quote "some peoples children" when someone done something dumb. This was on the news of the local radio website. I changed the name for a more fitting name of Bubba. This stretch of road goes down to the lake and over a old iron bridge structure that a new bridge is being built. The area he crashed at is where I come through most days and is a area you need to be careful through. It reads like a Jeff Foxworthy story.

A Livingston man was seriously injured in a motorcycle crash near Sligo Bridge Sunday afternoon only minutes after his passenger fell off the bike as the two were traveling on Highway 70 east near Adcock Cemetery Road.

"Bubba" was airlifted after the accident.

According to the Tennessee Highway Patrol, "Bubba" was operating a 2005 Harley Davidson east on Highway 70 when he lost his male passenger near Adcock Cemetery Road without noticing he had fallen off.

"Bubba"  kept going until he reached the west end of Sligo bridge, where he lost control of the motorcycle and crashed, hitting a concrete barrier severely injuring his arm on a road sign. Walker came off the Harley in the roadway, and the bike continued several hundred feet through the construction zone at the bridge before coming to rest when it wedged itself between a parked Jeep Cherokee and a rock outcropping.

"Bubba" , suspected of being intoxicated at the time, could be facing charges . His passenger was not seriously injured in the fall from the bike.

I wouldn't post this except for the guy was drunk and it needs to be a lesson to anyone who might drink and drive. If you do drink and drive you just might loose your buddy and your bike run away from you out of humiliation.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Some peoples Children

Post by 75X11 on Tue May 26, 2015 10:28 pm

You'd think the inherent danger of operating a two wheel machine when ones' walking should be impaired would be enough to scare someone off of a bike when drunk. I used to ride and couldn't allow myself to ride when not in total control.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Some peoples Children

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed May 27, 2015 12:28 am

Bubba sounds like one of our local knuckle draggers. Very Happy

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down