What is happening to fuel prices?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening to fuel prices?

Post by jerryhawthorne on Mon May 25, 2015 11:58 pm

Things seem to be upside down out here.  A few months ago regular gas was in the low $3/gal. and diesel was close to $4.  Now, regular is at best very close to $4/gal and I can buy diesel (love it) for $3.19/gal.  In the "old days" diesel was always cheaper than regular.  The last year it was more and now it is back cheaper.  I don't understand it but like it the way it is now.  What happened?
Jerry

Edit: Out here is in Orange County CA.

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: What is happening to fuel prices?

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue May 26, 2015 12:27 am

Gas has been running around $2.21 here the last couple months.  Up a few pennies at a time, then down a penny or two a day.  Gas is currently $2.43, thanks to a little gouging in honor of the boaters and Memorial Day weekend.  Diesel is currently $2.69.  Diesel is always higher here, due to demand.  Farmers use diesel in their machinery and trucks, so they can charge more.  I'm afraid I can't help you any more than that.  Around here, if you see lots of boats or fourwheelers, expect higher gas prices.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Tue May 26, 2015 4:29 am

I guess, diesel is not in high demand in So. CA but they are really screwing people on gas. Go figure? Diesel is a lot less than regular.
Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed May 27, 2015 2:43 pm

Diesel always seemed to be lower in southern Michigan when I bought a Toronado Diesel. The price immediately went .25 over the cost of a gallon of gas. That was about 1993. Gas differs so much state to state and city to city because of EPA additives and local taxes and whatever the market will bear.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Wed May 27, 2015 4:07 pm

I have a diesel truck and the cost of fuel is above that of gas...ever since they mandated "low sulfur." Sad
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top