RCA 100 speaker

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RCA 100 speaker

Post by willy3486 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:58 pm

I have someone who contacted me about a speaker. They have a RCA 100 loudspeaker. It looks to be in decent shape and I am thinking about buying it. He sent an email and it said " I don't know it's worth,
but, might take a reasonable offer, but I'm not going to give it away." . So I am wondering what they would expect for a price. I am afraid they will want more for it than it would be worth. Anyway I wouldn't mind getting it so I could find a radio to go with it. I know its from the 20s. I don't know what to offer. I don't mind paying a going rate but I am not going to shell out a large chuck of change. If anyone needs this model let me know and I can put you in touch with him. I don't mind paying a decent price if I can spare it but I will not pay a ransom for it, I see too many of these at the meets. The one thing I see high are the tubes for these radios. The last two meets there were 20s radios like crazy, most less than 30. But they were not perfect and didn't have tubes.  I do see these types of speakers at the radio meets in Nashville in the 20 to 30 dollar range. I am thinking I would go to 30 but not more. I picked up one made the same way but a different maker in Nashville for around 25. So what would be a decent offer? Would 30 be to high ,low or about right??

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: RCA 100 speaker

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:52 pm

First, make sure the driver's good. They tend to open. It's approx. 2,000 ohms.
They are fairly common, and, the case is made of pot metal.
I wouldn't pay more than 75.00 for one...
Maybe one hundred, but, that seems high to me...........

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4523
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed May 20, 2015 11:35 pm

See if you can find something similar on eBay.
terrydec

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Thu May 21, 2015 7:54 am

I did check ebay a few times for others. The fellow seemed to have an attitude from the start. He said he didn't know what it was worth but he wasn't going to take a lowball offer. I forgot who asked me this but they made a good point, if you don't know what a value is then how would know what a lowball offer is. I didn't want to tell him what I thought it was worth until he told me what he wanted for it. It seemed he had a price in mind. He sent me emails of "buy it now " from ebay with inflated prices. I explained you have to go by the sold prices not what someone wants.  He then sends me a email of he was hoping to find a honest person to help him. I then replied back I had tried to be honest but he should have told me up front what he wanted for it and he never did. I quit trying to help him. I had made another post on this radio as he had also sent pictures of the radio he had from it. I don't care to help people. This is not my job, I don't make money from it, this is my hobby. I have scanned copies of info and sent to others for free, I help folks locally who want to learn and give folks parts if I have them. I enjoy this hobby and it relieves a lot of my day to day stress. I spent about 2 or 3 hours sending email back and forth ,searching and posting on line trying to help this guy and he won't work with me and then insults me. It really makes me want to not help folks. Anyway I am not helping the guy anymore and he is on his own.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Thu May 21, 2015 12:50 pm

BTW- I have one. It's worth about $45
terrydec

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down