latest RCA find

View previous topic View next topic Go down

latest RCA find

Post by willy3486 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:15 am

Well its official, I now have a RCA Victor Neon sign. This is why I wasn't much interested in items on ebay lately. I was saving up for it and even though the price was probably low for a sign like this I try to make money from the hobby to pay for the hobby. I got this from one of our members locally. He had it at a June meet last year. I didn't have cash for it then so I told him I would save up for it. I told him I would get it at the spring meet. It has its own box it is mounted in , and two neon transformers. There is a smaller one that this is on with and a larger one that will probably do better. Its larger than I remember with the box 4 feet wide. I plan on just mounting the box somewhere on the wall in my workshop. Even though I had little cash left I also bot about 6 boxes of speakers I badly needed and I also got a box of tubes. The same guy had a bunch of radios I can hopefully fix and flip. If I had room I could have bought a table top full of speakers from that guy. I got some books as well. So even though I mainly went for the sign I had the back of the vehicle full. I had to leave some room so my wife could go shopping as well. It was a good relaxing day.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: latest RCA find

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:57 am

Nice sign. I like that style of writing RCA used to use.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4530
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:53 am

Nice, Willy! cheers

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:46 pm

Great sign! It's good to see your funding and the grail come together at the same time!
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:28 pm

75X11 wrote:Great sign! It's good to see your funding and the grail come together at the same time!

I almost thought I wouldn't have the money. I had to deal with my mom in the hospital from Oct 31 to Dec 24th. To make a long story short I had to go over to her house every day and I had to do a lot of work over there. So I couldn't raise a lot of money then. I also spent well over a grand out of my own pocket over at her house fixing stuff. But I got it just in time. I got this for less than my first RCA sign.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:38 pm

I imagine the good works had a lot to do with the good result.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:58 am

I'm happy for you, Willy.  You've worked hard doing the right thing, so you deserve something nice just because you want one. Very Happy

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:11 am

I don't know about the good deeds, just doing what I thought I should do as a son. The sad thing is I can't really help her. To make a long story short she was acting crazy to me so I asked home health to test her for Alzeheimers. She didn't have it, in fact her mind is better thn most her age. What she has is much worse, they found out she has a antisocial personality disorder or what is more known as a psocialpath. Usually these types only get help when they get locked up in jail. But the good thing is that it finally made sense how she has done me her whole life. Another good thing is what she has is thought to be learned and not inheritted. I have found out since I was the child she was not nice to then I wouldn't have it, they will stick togther with the ones like themselves. So I have to not let her take advantage of me now. Since her mind games no longer work on me she will not have anything to do with me. Thats fine as I am use to going it alone my whole life.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:22 am

That's a tough thing to have to come to grips with, but it is fortunate that you don't hold yourself responsible as some do. Be strong.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:31 am

75X11 wrote:That's a tough thing to have to come to grips with, but it is fortunate that you don't hold yourself responsible as some do.  Be strong.
Actually I am relieved. When I found out the way a person with that will treat others it all made sense. My grandmother and my sister probably had it as well. I think one my nephews may have it as well. It seems to be a learned behavior. My dad and myself were a lot a like when he was alive. He was a helpful person and that leads to folks with this taking advantage of. But as I tell folks I survived. There is a book that remind me a lot of my childhood called a child called it. Although my mom wasn't physically abusive she was mentally abusive and still tries to do mind games. My sister was the one who was physically abusive to me at times. She was 7 years older and at times very mean to me.

Any way as far as the sign goes I really like it. I just need to figure somewhere to display it. I wanted to put it in my home workshop but at 4 feet wide its way to big. So I will find a place out in the outside workshop.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top