My Rant

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Rant

Post by jerryhawthorne on Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:56 pm

What the heck, I have never posted a rant. Here it goes.
We recently renovated a condo here to split time between the grandkids and Sedona. OK, not nearly as nice a view. Very small compared to our place in AZ. Small is nice. Getting older it seemed the right thing to do. I like it here.
The rant:
1: The drivers are idiots, they all want to go to top speed to a red light and slam on the breaks to stop. If I see a red light in front of me, I slow down hoping to time it to go green. Tap the break and the car downshifts, slowing it down. When I do that many people blow past me and cut in front so they can slam on their brakes and stop on space in front of me. Not terribly fuel efficient and poor brakes. Most are driving pickup trucks or large SUVs. Go figure?
2: The best business out here is brake pad replacements!
3: I swear most cars in this area have no turn signals. The other option is they don't know how to use them.
4: The only time to travel on a freeway around here is during working days, between 10 PM and 4 AM. On weekends not at all.

I will say if I use my turn signal (I always do) to change a lane to align to a turn off in stop and go traffic (normal) they are polite and will open up a space. My guess is they have never seen one! I would hate to see what the would do if it rained hard or God forbid, it snowed.

We are adjusting for our time here and I'm glad that I can walk to stores and places to eat. A little exercise!
End of rant!
Jerry
Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 732
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: My Rant

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:48 pm

I was sitting at the red light on Power Road at Pecos Road.  Facing traffic was turning left on the green arrow.  Our light turned green and the cars were still turning left.  Our light turned yellow, the cars were still turning left.  I counted 18 cars running that red turn arrow.  I sat thru two light cycles before I got to go.  Welcome to the cars driven by idiots on cell phones.  

Using your turn signal or slowing to avoid braking will only get you passed and given the finger.  Did you ever drive up 39th Street in Kansas City?  There is a hospital at the end of that street for a reason!  I always have wondered where those guys who drive the big pickups and SUV's buy all the cheap gas they are burning.  They surely have a cheaper place than I have found.

And....how do the guys with diesel pickups get by taking the muffler off? I'll bet if I tried that with my 454, I would not make it to town without Shorty "lightin' me up" and askiing for a contribution to the policeman's retirement fund. Very Happy

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:59 am

Its like that everywhere. I live in a small town in Middle Tennessee . Its here as well. We went to the radio meet in Nashville over the weekend. My wife was driving and put her turn signal on. She looked over and nothing was there in the lane next to us. I watch for her as well and out of no where this moron was right next to us as she moved over. I yelled look out! look out! quickly and she pulled back over. He was so close I could have rolled the window down and hit the top of his roof with my fist. The guy driving I think heard me and did a double take like the guy in this clip that jumps out of the boat. Maybe next time that clown won't drive so fast and try to go around someone with a blinker on.

Last edited by willy3486 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

willy3486

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by antiqueradiobuff on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:25 am

I know what you mean same here in Massachusetts No one uses their blinkers:(
then again most people ar not from around here.
antiqueradiobuff

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:02 pm

There should be a sign in Kansas City proclaiming "Land of the Plumbing Truck." There must be more plumbing trucks per capita there than in any other place on earth. The drivers of those trucks take their half down the middle, then stop and park in the street without notice.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:33 pm

Some of you may think it strange that I won't drive north of Atlanta to even look at a radio. It's drivers like these also including the folks who missed their exit and decide to back up to it, the texters, the direction readers and the oblivious cell hounds. Plus the uniquely southern talent, the rubbernecking gore suckers, ghouling up the traffic accidents.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:08 pm

75, cheers cheers
Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 732
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:25 pm

Believe me, when those ghouls clog up the traffic ahead, much more radioactive language springs to mind.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

tree stooges wide eyes

Post by antiqueradiobuff on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:39 pm

Very Happy

willy3486 wrote:Its like that everywhere. I live in a small town in Middle Tennessee . Its here as well. We went to the radio meet in Nashville over the weekend. My wife was driving and put her turn signal on. She looked over and nothing was there in the lane next to us. I watch for her as well and out of no where this moron was right next to us as she moved over. I yelled look out! look out! quickly and she pulled back over. He was so close I could have rolled the window down and hit the top of his roof with my fist. The guy driving I think heard me and did a double take like the guy in this clip that jumps out of the boat. Maybe next time that clown won't drive so fast and try to go around someone with a blinker on.

Reminds me of this video me of one of many three stooges videos A Plumbing we will go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXhfkuK9KaM

antiqueradiobuff

Number of posts : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:15 am

While we are on a rant.....

Milk here in farming country is $2 a gallon higher than in AZ. When I drive into town here, I have to be careful or I may run over a stray cow. There is not a cow in 50 miles where I live in AZ, yet milk is cheaper?

How about the guy who buys a $100,000 diesel pickup, removes the muffler, "chips her up so she'll smoke, dude" then runs it thru a mud bog so there is about two feet of mud hanging on every surface. Then they take the tailgate off, add a bale spike, throw a bunch of old fence wire, log chains, loose hay and hog feed in the back, then head out on the road. They throw junk, mud and rocks at you going down the road. Trucks in this state do not have rear license plates, so you can't get their license number unless you pass them. That ain't likely to happen, since they try to qualify their rig for NASCAR on their way to the coffee shop.

I'm done now.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:13 pm

Lived in Orange county down there (60s-70s), Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Orange, things sure have changed, I just looked a Google Maps, I wouldn't even recognize My old stomping grounds, There was traffic, yes but not like it is according to your report. Glad I moved out before all the new -comer's took over.
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 976

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:27 pm

Wildcat445 wrote:While we are on a rant.....

Milk here in farming country is $2 a gallon higher than in AZ.  When I drive into town here, I have to be careful or I may run over a stray cow.  There is not a cow in 50 miles where I live in AZ, yet milk is cheaper?  

How about the guy who buys a $100,000 diesel pickup, removes the muffler, "chips her up so she'll smoke, dude" then runs it thru a mud bog so there is about two feet of mud hanging on every surface.  Then they take the tailgate off, add a bale spike, throw a bunch of old fence wire, log chains, loose hay and hog feed in the back, then head out on the road.  They throw junk, mud and rocks at you going down the road.  Trucks in this state do not have rear license plates, so you can't get their license number unless you pass them.  That ain't likely to happen, since they try to qualify their rig for NASCAR on their way to the coffee shop.

I'm done now.

WC

Wow Wildcat when did you visit my little county where I live? Give me a call and drop by when you are around. That guy lives down the road from me,along with all his relatives with the same type of truck.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:24 am

Sounds familiar, does it, Willy? lol!

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:57 am

Wildcat445 wrote:Sounds familiar, does it, Willy?     lol!

WC

Sadly it really does sound familiar. I live towards the bottom of two hills. Its 55mph there. I never pull out if I can tell someone is coming, even if I see headlights and not the car. I pull out and there is a line of yahoos behind me before I get to 55. One of these rice racer jockeys in the line I have seen has a sentra I have seen pass in curves,double yellows,etc. Then when we get to were there is two lanes in each direction he passes me but doesn't go on and the moron behind him almost runs into me getting in my lane. HE was lucky if he had 5 feet between me. This week the local radio station posted that the state said the rate of serious wrecks on this road was double the average. A few days ago one of these "big truck diesel boys" passed on a double yellow with my car coming towards him. I hit my horn and luckily there was a shoulder to pull over on and some of the cars in his lane pulled over.

One of the reason I think it is so bad is the local police. Don't get me wrong they do a fine job but the one thing they do not do is go after speeders. If it is not some junkie breaking in or some drunk on the road you will not see them pull someone over. What we are doing to stop drugs addicts is not working. I am not talking about pot but the meth,lsd, and other harder drugs. I see the same handful of people constantly getting caught ,going to jail ,then see their names as getting caught again. Down the road and across the creek from me there is a group of folks all related. You never see anything bad from them except for one woman probably in her 30s. She goes to jail,gets out then in a few days you see a ambulance over there be she has overdosed. I have seen what it has done in my family. I was raised in the middle class average family. My sister always had a wild streak. She wound up marrying a alcoholic and pothead. My parents supported them for years until she passed. Her husband moved away and my nephew moved in to my moms house. Her house is in shambles now and she will not have anything to do with me. Sometimes I think the best thing for people is a good long stretch of 5 to 10 in the pen with hard labor and tough love drug conciliing. Any way the older I get the less I like people and like my dog more.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top