Say "Bye Bye"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Say "Bye Bye"

Post by terrydec on Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:35 pm

I have to be out of my house by June 15th, which really means June 1st. Which is a month and a half from today.

"What is-is."
terrydec

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Say "Bye Bye"

Post by 75X11 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:58 pm

Are they selling it?
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragwire on Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:18 pm

Yeah, what's going on?
Ragwire

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:23 pm

Tell us more.  Have you been paying your rent? 

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:45 pm

75X11 wrote:Are they selling it?

Sold-
more tomorrow
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:03 am

Kind of thought so with the lead time involved. Hope you find a good place.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:18 am

The whole sordid story-

First some background- My landlady called around the first of the month to say they were retiring and divesting themselves of all their property.
I had been assured that the new owner would have to accept Section 8 and be aware that all of their tenants had long leases. ( Section 8 is a government housing assistance program that pays the majority of my rent.  Your tax dollars at work).

Monday night my landlady called and said they had found a buyer for the house but the sale was contingent on the tenant vacating the premises.  Apparently they are buying the house for their son who is coming here to go to school.  It would seem to me that for the price of this house they could pay for a nice apartment for four years.

Anyway- the good part is that I've been looking for an excuse to move.  The house is falling apart, keeping up the yard is a hassle and the utilities take over half of my check.

In fact I am exploring the possibility of leaving Louisville, (which I've always hated).  My ex wife has offered a place to stay in the Fla. keys and eventually I might wind up in New Orleans.  I have been there for extended visits twice and I fell in love with it.  It's one of those places just kinky enough for my quirky tastes and you don't need a car to get around.

(Follow these exciting events on the social media sites Neckbook and Yourspace)
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:16 pm

That looks a lot more pleasant than things looked with your first post! Keep us posted as things unfold.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:16 pm

UPDATE:

I'm packing.
I'm moving into an apartment owned by my old landlord.  I haven't actually seen it yet but I have seen the apartment across the hall.  The only bad thing is that the kitchen is so small, (How small is it?), so small that you have to open a window to flip a pancake.  Smile

Actually the current tenant hasn't moved out yet and doesn't appear to intend too.  However there is a "Set out order" in two weeks.  I can take possession the next day. I've been assured of a 'conveyor belt' of bodies to help me move.  Not like the last time when I had to carry every item, EVERY item, by myself.

Also, because of the hardship this is causing me and the fact I just signed a year's lease that starts next month, the landlady is refunding my $500 deposit with no questions asked, and the full month's rent of $525.  My old landlord is allowing me to use this for my personal needs and just pick up the rent.  (Yea-new glasses and new teeth).  The new place has central heat, air and water provided.  I just pay my personal electric, which should be around $75 a month.  (Beats $285).

Rocky and I walked over there.  I think we're going to like it.  My cat will too, after hiding in one of the console radios for a few days.

SO- Good news all around.  Well, except for the actual moving part- didn't I just do this?
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:12 pm

That does sound good. Always good to see you catch some good breaks!
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Mon May 25, 2015 11:39 pm

Time to play ketchup.   Sorry it's taken so long.

After getting most of my things packed, finding a new apartment and putting down a deposit with a mover the buyer suddenly backed out of the deal.  So I had to unpack and get my deposit back.  

Now I'm still in the house and it appears that my old landlord who has been coming over on Sunday's to help with projects, (and I think get out of the house), has bought the house.

I'm still in my house and my friend owns it,  Yippee!!

I'm taking a week's vacation on a friend's yacht in Sausalito to get over this past year, which has been a xxxxxx.
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Mon May 25, 2015 11:51 pm

Good on you Terry. Happy things turned out and enjoy your vacation, long earned.
Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue May 26, 2015 12:37 am

It's nice to hear from you again and with some more good news. Enjoy yourself!
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Tue May 26, 2015 11:03 am

Geez Terry, I come back after an absence and see this thread. Crying or Very sad However it looks like things are working out for the good...sure hope so. Just keep hitting the curve balls and you'll be fine. Smile
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:47 am

Well, I didn't go to Ca.  However it looks like they'll be closing on the house any day.  They've done the appraisal, checked the property lines, checked for termites, etc.

My friend has made the down payment so it looks like we're good to go.
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:50 am

Sorry about the trip.  It is good the important things are still going to spec though.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum