Ever picked up a decent radio just for parts.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ever picked up a decent radio just for parts.

Post by willy3486 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Have you ever picked up a nice radio only to use it for parts? I have never seen a radio so huge. I am 6 ft 2 and standing next to it I look 4 foot tall. It was a crosley model filled with tubes,chasis,and speakers. I didn't waste any time over the weekend to gut this monster. I think I will take the case to a shabby chic lady to see if she wants it. Same to because the case was spotless. This was the biggest radio I have ever found. Anyway I can fix a lot of other radios from the parts. Anyone else ever gut a original nice radio to fix others?

willy3486

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Ever picked up a decent radio just for parts.

Post by 75X11 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Not so much a nice radio, but I had a RCA 8R71 that needed a dial face and a couple of knobs. That was the model that used a plain bakelite housing. I got a walnut pattern finish model with the finish worn off around the knobs to act as donor. I understand they have a pattern transfer process that uses water to dip objects through the paint applied to the waters' surface. I don't know if they could do anything that size or appearance.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:09 pm

Willy, I think your pulling our chains!  Post a picture. Most times subtle humor escapes me. Must be old age!
Best,  Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 732
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:24 pm

I been took. Embarassed
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:42 pm

Don't feel alone 75!  Very Happy   It is April !st.
Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 732
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:21 pm

jerryhawthorne wrote:Don't feel alone 75!  Very Happy   It is April !st.
Jerry

Actually I was going to link to this picture as the one I found.

But seriously I hope everyone enjoys this little humor for April 1st. So be careful out there or some other joker out there like myself will try to fool you. jocolor

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:47 pm

You got me good and that ain't bad! Laughing
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:04 pm

75X11 wrote:You got me good and that ain't bad! Laughing

A few years ago April 1st was on a Sunday. I had fun that day. I posted all kinds of stuff on Facebook. One post I did I found a picture online of this cesna airplane that looked like it crashed nose into the ground. It wasn't in bad shape. I posted that a woman had taken a airplane from the airport then took it out flying to spy on her husband. I said she saw the fellow and his new girlfriend he was running around with. the wife had got mad and then flew at them and landed in the road nose up. I warned folks that traffic was slow due to this and to be cautious of this. I tricked some people and they asked questions so I answered them. I said she was banged up but fine and in handcuffs. I said the girlfriend was ugly as sin and the husband was a little fellow. I said the wife got out and pounded the husband good before the cops there. It went viral and folks detoured the area to keep away and then some went out looking for it. We saw folks driving slow in front of the house looking for the plane.

One time I sent out a email about robot servers going around the internet to clean out dead links. And that you needed to cut off and unplug your computer so your computer wouldn't be deleted from the internet. I sent it to the main secretary I was friends with who was really good on computers. I expected her to get a laugh out of it but she forwarded it to everyone including the principals. I replied back that I thought she would get a chuckle and it wasn't real. I got a second email that was sent out that it was sent out my mistake.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:27 pm

Good job 75!

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:20 pm

And, I was about to raise the riot act...........

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by antiqueradiobuff on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:01 am

Yes I got a Zenith Royal 1000 on ebay for parts for $15 plus shipping was well worth it.
Lady said it did not work even with battries in it. Well when it arrived here and I opened it up
I saw that the dial coardwas in pieces. I known this because the dial marker was not moveing sis to side.
any who long story short it does work fablous just thedial tuner springthat attached to the tuner shorted out the circut.
i listened to is and got good station. case is really bad but I have a good innards for my other royal 1,000 if that one needs to be changed out
antiqueradiobuff

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top