More on the big "C"

Go down

More on the big "C"

Post by terrydec on Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:22 pm

I'm in radiation therapy now, once a day for 6 weeks.  They took out what looked like a piece of steak an inch square in front of my ear.  Ouch.  I might have mentioned this but I had 33 stitches.  My doctor is a dermatologist.  I usually have a plastic surgeon and I think he would have done a better job. It's a good thing that the "Frankenstein" look is in.  Or I could blend in with Zombies.
terrydec

Number of posts : 1117
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Re: More on the big "C"

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:26 pm

Is your treatment going to negativley impact your teeth?  That sometimes happens when you have radiation therapy to your head and neck.  Don't ask me how I know this.  I wish you well with your treatment.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4996
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:43 pm

Terry, don't worry about how you look, just make certain they got all of it. Probably a fact that college cheer leaders are not attracted to you. Hell, they wouldn't have been before the surgery. Just get well!
Best, Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:07 pm

More well wishes Terry! Be sure to keep us posted on how things are going.
75X11

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragwire on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:51 am

Well wishes Terry.
Ragwire

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:10 pm

Wildcat445 wrote:Is your treatment going to negativley impact your teeth?  That sometimes happens when you have radiation therapy to your head and neck.  Don't ask me how I know this.  I wish you well with your treatment.

WC
Fortunately I wear dentures. The doctor said that if I have any unusual tenderness to let him know.
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm

Thanks everybody.
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by kb4yrc on Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:13 pm

Darn, Terry ! " If it wer'nt for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all !" Git better . ..... Gregg

kb4yrc

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:14 pm

This is a good time to post my new philosophy-

What is-is.  Yellin' at it ain't gonna change it.
What was-was.  Stop dwelling on it.
What will be is what you make of it.  So make your choices wisely.
[/size]
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:30 pm

That's a philosophy one can do a lot of good living with.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliot Ness on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:00 pm

Hang in there Terry and get better!
Eliot Ness

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:17 pm

UPDATE:

Well, I'm pretty sure my modeling career is over.  It's a good thing I work behind the camera.  Thursday was the last of 16 radiation treatments. They gave me a graduation certificate.  I threw it away.  I thought it was in bad taste.

The right side of my face looks like I slept on a hot iron overnight.  I itches and I can't scratch it.  It hurts and it looks like I laid in the sun with a .000001 sunblock.  Supposedly the redness will start to go away "In a few weeks".  Leave it to a doctor to be specific.

I sometimes think Radiation is a scam.  This happened the last time I had cancer.  I had 3 months of radiation.  However except for walking around with black marks all over my face I didn't feel any different.  I mean- how do they know if it worked?  They don't take any other tests, they don't remove any skin, how do they know it worked?

Maybe it's a formula- C (original disease) + R (amount of radiation) = M (The amount of cash they can get)
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:23 pm

I'm not sure I would call radiation a scam, but I will attest to its ineffectiveness. All radiation did for my cancer was to kill my teeth and give me toothaches that I can't begin to describe. Those toothaches hurt way more than cancer ever did. I would add testing as the scam. They perform tests to make sure the first test was right. Another scam is the old Medicare Merry-G0-Round. If the medical establishment smells government money, the amount of tests they do goes up exponentially. Good luck with your recovery, Terry.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:31 pm

All of the treatments are troubling in various ways. If you take into consideration that they are trying to selectively eliminate cellular material that your own body produces in the manner it has since you were a zygote,with one important exception, the controlling factors have malfunctioned where the cancerous tissues are concerned. The treatments for it can only give results that are as aggressive and active as a game of curling because it literally kills a part of your body but it must only be a part. More or faster, it does more than is needed. It is truly a test of ones' faith. The tests they perform are for byproducts that are created with cancerous growth. That was the barometer that told us how my mother was doing when she had ovarian cancer. It wasn't a good story as it was usually terminal. It can be better too.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:51 pm

I can also testify as a cancer survivor that if the treatment does not kill you, the cancer may not hurt you.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum