kb4yrc

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Terrydec......

Post by terrydec on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:05 pm

kb4yrc wrote:You stayin' warm up there in Lsvl ? ..... Gregg

Simple answer- No

More.  I got a radiation heater that works great next to the bed.    I got on an average subsidy program with my provider.  My charge for the next quarter will be $137 a month.  Sure beats $289.  At the end of the year you have to pay the difference.  Hopefully my bills will go back to the 70's before then.

New movie recommendation.   "The Equalizer" with Denzel Washington.  Excellent, though bloody, example of an unsolicited act of personal kindness.  It made me think about altruism, and I've watched it about 8 times.

Why I haven't been here.  The big "C".  That's right, cancer in my right mandible.   They cut out a plug about 3/4" square and didn't get it all.  I'll spend the next 3 weeks in radiation.  Oh well, it'll get me out of the house and the receptionist is really cute.  And I hear the Frankenstein look is in this year.
terrydec

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:54 pm

Sorry to hear about that. So much for no news being good news. I hope they get the rest of it for you. Maybe a fan forced heater might help with the rest of the place.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:59 pm

Pardon my pure ignorance, but what or where is a mandible? Good luck with your radiation treatments.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:57 pm

I believe that is the jaw bone.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:09 pm

Wildcat445 wrote:Pardon my pure ignorance, but what or where is a mandible?  Good luck with your radiation treatments.

WC

The mandible is basically your jaw, specifically the two bones that hinge together.  My problem is not exactly in the bone but the skin covering it.  There are basically three types of skin cancer: Squamous, Basil and Melanoma.  The last, if not treated, is a death sentence.  The problem with the other two is the possibility that they will enter the lymph system.  In 2008 I had massive radical surgery for Squamous cell cancer.  They took out my Perotid, saliva and lymph glands in my left side in a 6 hour operation.  They didn't get it all and I had to go through 3 months of radiation.  Thank God no Chemo.

On top of all this I fell and busted my head open the other day and yesterday the clutch went out on my truck.

But I have a new philosophy that deals with things like this-

What was-was.  You can't go back and change it so don't feel guilty about it.
What is-is.  Yelling at it won't change it.
And what will be is what you make of it.
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:34 pm

I hope some good luck finds it's way to you.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:07 pm

I was diagnosed with Stage 4 squamous cell throat cancer in October 2003. The docs gave me less than a 2% chance of living 5 years, after treatment. It has been over 11 and I am still here. My philosophy is that there are no atheists undergoing cancer treatment. The grace of the good Lord is the only reason I am still here. You have my best wishes.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:26 pm

Wildcat445 wrote:I was diagnosed with Stage 4 squamous cell throat cancer in October 2003.  The docs gave me less than a 2% chance of living 5 years, after treatment.  It has been over 11 and I am still here.  My  philosophy is that there are no atheists undergoing cancer treatment.  The grace of the good Lord is the only reason I am still here.  You have my best wishes.

WC

You're doing good-
and thanks.
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top