Unknown Sammy Kaye record

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unknown Sammy Kaye record

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:17 pm

I recently acquired a taped copy of a Sammy Kaye record, allegedly from 1963. It is a kiped copy that I got on an old cassette tape in a box of junk. I don't know for sure the title of the album, but it was a Sammy Kaye country music album. All I know is that it is on RCA records, noted on the cassette. "Room Full of Roses" is not a song you hear every day by Sammy Kaye. "Tennessee Waltz" is more his style, but is still a rather uncommon Kaye offering. His signature Hawaiian steel guitar is present, along with orchestra and chorus. "Swing and Sway with Sammy Kaye" was his motto. There are only six songs on the tape by Sammy Kaye, so it must be only one side. I would like to identify the album and see if I could find it. It is different enough to be enjoyable.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Unknown Sammy Kaye record

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:34 pm

The tape I mentioned does not appear to be material from a single Sammy Kaye album. It appears to be a compilation from perhaps several albums. The only place I can find "Room Full of Roses" is on "Dance To My Golden Favorites" on Decca, from 1964. "Tennessee Waltz" apparently, is from a single 78. There is only one RCA record listed for Sammy Kaye, circa 1961, "Music For Dancing" on RCA Camden. I don't see any evidence that Sammy Kaye ever recorded a strictly country music album. Discography listings are not always 100% accurate.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top