Paypal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paypal

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:57 pm

Most of you know that I resist change and the use of technology at every opportunity. I bought some parts online and the only payment acceptable was Paypal. I had a Paypal account years ago, but let my password expire and my credit cards expired, TWICE, so my account was then dormant. I am paranoid about identity theft, and, quite frankly, am a tad hacked that one cannot simply write a check for what he wants, like in the good old days. Fortunately, I was dealing with an experience and patient vendor who was willing to wait for me to fumble thru the 21st Century in order to catch up with everybody else. It took a couple days, and the assistance of the semi-helpful folks at Paypal to straighten my self-induced mess and get my account activated again. I will say that paying with Paypal is certainly easy. And allegedly secure. The frau makes lots of online purchases, and I'm surprised that she does not use Paypal. I hear about buyer protections of Paypal, but that is probably above my pay grade to fool with that.

I may be posting before long about being on Facebook, or tweeting, or texting, or some other activity now foreign to me. And I might get rid of my CRT TV's or buy an XM radio or.........NOT!

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Paypal

Post by 75X11 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:53 pm

I use only one linked credit card for paypal or any other "wire" transaction. You will find that other online business accept paypal as payment tor their goods and services, even Home Depot. I will not link my bank accounts to paypal as they are always requesting, though.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:04 pm

I agree, 75. Maybe not for the reasons you cite, but for the simple fear of identity theft. I have researched Paypal at some length. Their buyer protection seems to be their ace in the hole. Buying from someone unfamiliar causes my paranoia of the unknown to rekindle. Having some recourse, albeit ambiguous, may be a benefit that could be used to advantage. The frau buys online and give her credit card number frequently, and has yet to have a problem. I'm not that brave yet.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:09 pm

The reason for one card is to monitor and track problems and shut down one real account quickly. I also use a card that gives purchase points I can use, eg. For Amazon purchases.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Conelrad on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:55 pm

It has got to the point where just about anything I buy online, gets checked on Amazon first.

Most of the time, it is cheaper.

They have a unbelievable amount of stuff.

DDG

Conelrad

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2013-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top