Digital TV

Go down

Digital TV Empty Digital TV

Post by tube radio on Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:18 am

Well today would have been the big day for the change over to digital television.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Lee

tube radio

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Digital TV Empty Re: Digital TV

Post by geno on Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:30 am

Some of the stations did change over here, today.

Gene

geno

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Cavey on Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:34 am

And today, Bill Cahill would be whining about how he hates digital and on and on...

(Just pulling your chain Bill! Don't be offended Wink )

Don Cavey

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioRich on Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:56 pm

Hello Don ,
Bill is not the only one well I think the whoile deal was hashed by a bunch of crooks
just like the light bulbs deal every day this place seems to be more like russia was durning stallions time with goon squad before long they will send people around to our homes to take our antique radios and tvs because they burn to much energy I think .
Sincerely Rich
P.S. I have not even turned on a tv hooked up to the antenna today yet to see what station has dropped off well when I get my in home close circuit analog tv system down it will not maker to me at all I can even make it so I can broadcast lives vea camera oh ya I even can make my own comercals with help of few friends at church using our own record studio with it's own green room thats what they use for tv movies use blue rooms

RadioRich

Number of posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Cavey on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:20 pm

I live in Baltimore and I too have not turned on an antenna TV. I have a Philco Safari, and an early generation Sony Watchman. Good suggestion Rich.

As for switch to digital, I certainly respect where you guys are coming from. But I teach Verizon's FiOS digital TV and I do understand the benefits of digital. The efficient use of bandwidth is certainly a plus. And the government is not going to use the old analog channels to spy on us as some people think Wink .

I will also say that I have already converted my mom's two televisions to digital. One was replaced with a flat screen LCD and the other one got a Radio Shack converter. Both work exceptionally well. When comparing the Analog to Digital equivalent, there is no comparison. I just have to tell mom to tune to the digital. That is a problem because she is 91 and doesn't understand or accept new technology.

Don Cavey

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Cavey on Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:44 pm

I tried the Sony FD-20A this afternoon and all of the local stations seemed to still work. So, "Party On" Dude...

Don Cavey

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioRich on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:01 pm

Hello Don,
I to have a sony watchman it's a 4in b/w model FD-40a the same one seen in Rainman with duston hoffman but mine even has a/v input so I still can use it as monitor if needed. far as old tvs I have 2 RCA 8t241s and Philco 12 bakelite from 1951
and ge 1957 21in console and 14in Ge 1957 portable set along woth half dozen portable sony tvs from the mid 60s to late 70s . along with few eithers I also have 27in mid 90s Sony xbr tv it even has it's own subwoofer it has super and componet inputs So I'm going to find one of the fancy digital converters for that has componet out. my main tv is Sony last crt tv it's xbr 34in widescreen hdtv with built in hdtv tunners. it has great picture on it watch tv in 1080I or P is no problem what makes me mad is this 480I
Sincerely Rich

RadioRich

Number of posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:47 pm

We only lost one station , the local one that i dont watch anyway . As i understand it we have several UHF channels that will remain analog .

I would not waste 50dpm on cable tv . I like it but for 50 bucks a month all i see is about 4 channels worth anything . When the price comes down to 10dpm i will subscribe

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:16 am

I watch everything on satellite so it doesn't matter to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:55 pm

Ken g wrote:We only lost one station , the local one that i dont watch anyway . As i understand it we have several UHF channels that will remain analog .

I would not waste 50dpm on cable tv . I like it but for 50 bucks a month all i see is about 4 channels worth anything . When the price comes down to 10dpm i will subscribe

You'll never have cable then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:48 pm

You'll never have cable then.

And i will also not pay to watch their commercials either .
Off air tv has more than i could ever sit & watch . No time for 100+ channels No

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum