A new Audio Component

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A new Audio Component

Post by 75X11 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:38 pm

I have had an extra laptop around the house since getting my newer unit with 7 on it. I had thought about donating it to charitable thrift, but then had an idea. I have been wanting an mp3 player that had a display big enough to navigate my main library that I use in the car and work stereos. Here it was. Now I have a player that will play any album I select. Right now I have 1300 cuts on it and they are all filed by artist, album and cut. That is a repurposing I can live with.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: A new Audio Component

Post by Wildcat445 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:30 pm

Windows Media Player is easy to use and works well. Do you have that program loaded on your laptop? Is this how you manage your MP3 files?

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:46 pm

Yes, it has the media player. I have the music set up on a usb flash drive. I loaded its contents to the music portion of my documents and WMP migrated everything to its' library. It's nice listening to Coleman Hawkins, Illinois Jacquet and Glenn Miller while getting tax things together.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tuberadiogeek on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:22 am

That is definitely a good use for a spare computer. I used to use WMP for music, but then I started using iTunes when I'd put music on my phone. So then it just became my default audio player. I like it better than WMP and will likely continue to use it. Of course on a Win 8 machine certain programs are actually called Apps and they operate separate from the desktop, I believe WMP is one of those programs that do that. That is another reason I don't use it.
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top