I think I will add chandeliers to the list.

Go down

I think I will add chandeliers to the list.

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:03 pm

You know what list I'm referring to.  The one with 2 cycle engines, guitar amps and church organs on it.  The stuff that the old 'Cat should not fool with.

The frau saw a chandelier to hang up over the dining room table that she liked.  We had a perfectly good one already there.  It had a bulb burned out, but there were four others, still perfectly good.  But, oh no, she had her hat set for another one.  We went to the HD this morning for something else and came home with new chandelier.  

Nothing you buy at a big box store ever has instructions.  Or instructions written in English, or instructions even written in words.  Just pictures and arrows pointing to unidentifiable parts.  Every single last part of this chandelier was wrapped in plastic.  It took the Chinese 15 minutes to build this chandelier, a nice one to be sure, and 2 stupid hours to wrap it in plastic and put it in the box.  It took me longer than that to unload it, and cut all that stupid plastic.  Then I got the thing up and it hung about 6 inches lower than the top of the table.  Nobody told me I had to cut the swag chain off.  There was 6' too much wire.  The secret to successful chandelier hanging is to fully assemble the chandelier, measure the chain and run the wiring thru the chain before you hang the chandelier.  I did it like this as a last resort, after I had exercised most of my "good" words.  But, hey, the frau is thrilled.  Happy frau, I'm happy now.  Seems like it would have been simpler to replace one bad bulb, but what do I know.  

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: I think I will add chandeliers to the list.

Post by 35Z5 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:49 am

LOL draw you a pict and still you screw it up, musta not had a magnifying glass to make them readable...

I got lucky, a friends new wife didn't like the chandelier his first wife had picked out so he had to replace it... Gave it to me and my wife is fine with it...
35Z5

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:22 pm

Now how many radios or phonographs or even consoles should that cover for you in the future? (you know, the kind that follow you home from where you left the contents of your wallet?) Very Happy
75X11

Number of posts : 4468
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:33 pm

I am on the good husband list, thank you very much.  Very Happy

The frau has had her hat set for that chandelier for quite a spell now, little did I know.  She suckered me into going to Home Depot for some incidental item, then dropped the "gee, honey, isn't that a cute chandelier" routine on me.  She had to get the most technically advanced, complicated chandelier known to man.  Weighs as much as a Nash Rambler.  I'm surprised it has not ripped the rafters out of the house.  The swag chain that holds it up is about the size you normally see on the hitch of a D9 Caterpillar that is used to pull stumps. (This may be a slight over-dramatization)  I warned her that I was far too old for such foolishness, but she has faith.  And, yes, Tom, I did screw up when they had drawn me pictures. I'm man enough to fall on my sword when the occasion arises.  Rolling Eyes

You have me pegged pretty good, 75.  I found a "baby" Imperial that I just gotta have.  I hope I have enough "equity" in my exemplary behavior to withstand that little surprise.  Yuk, yuk!

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down