Pet stories

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pet stories

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:50 am

Since it was suggested (I think) that I start a thread about pets, by popular demand, here it is.

Pets. Fuzzy little critters sent by the Good Lord to enrich our lives. And to rule the roost. They become family. Their needs and happiness become more important, in many cases, than those of humans. We don't want to see them abused. I personally feel there will be a hotter place in "you know where" for anyone who does. We have an obligation to care for them. They give many fold more than they receive. They love us unconditionally. If we scratch them on the belly, they will follow us to the ends of the earth.

Judge Judy told a woman on TV the other day that if she loved her cat more than her daughter, something was wrong with her. I saw her daughter on TV. The lady was right to love the cat more!

Dr. Phil says that dogs do not understand when we talk to them. Perhaps he has never owned a dog, or he has had a stupid dog, or he is too stupid to understand how to talk "dog." Trust me, Ginger and Bentley understand what I am saying. No doubt in my mind.

We have a pesky cat named Percy. Last night, in the wee tinies, he decided to pick a fight with one of the female cats. She was sleeping and wanted none of it. The ruckus finally woke up Bentley, who also wanted to sleep. Bentley started barking at Percy, who woke up the frau. She woke me up, mad at me because I did not make Bentley shut up. I was asleep! That cat gets on my nerves sometimes. But he can be so loveable at other times. He is a big purrer. He looks at you and makes you feel bad for being pissed at him.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Pet stories

Post by 75X11 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:39 am

My cat at work doesn't know what I say. He knows I am talking to him and he likes that.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Z5 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:07 pm

75X11 wrote:My cat at work doesn't know what I say.  He knows I am talking to him and he likes that.
Sounds like our little female Tillie, dumb as a rock but loves to be talked to... Our male(Herman Lee) no doubt understands and is quite smart...

When he was approx nine months old, I'd let him into the garage here on the house but didn't latch the door as it was in the 30s out there... Well he pushes door open and strolls in(swaggers like John Wayne) and stops... I raised my voice(seems to be the only way to let him know he's being addressed), and blurted out, "you raised in a barn?? Shut that door!!" and I be damned if he didn't whirl around and slam the door shut... Wife and I set there in awe looking at each other... He's shut that door several times since, though not recently... For a couple years he'd hang on door knobs trying to open doors, but being a long hair has too much hair on his feet to get a grip... He knows that knob does something...

If he wants to go into the garage, I can sharply say no and he'll fall down by the door and let me go out there and come back in...

35Z5

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:23 pm

The spot under his eyes makes him look like he wears glasses. Very Happy
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down