Sparkomatic AM/FM 8 track

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sparkomatic AM/FM 8 track

Post by tuberadiogeek on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:55 pm

This is an old Sparkomatic SR200 AM/FM 8 track player. Not certain of the year of manufacture, but I would have to guess late 70's to early 80's. FM works great, never had an 8 track in it(do not own any). I have it hooked up to a pair of Delco 6x9's that came out of my '88 Buick. If you are wondering, the antenna is just something I threw together. It is a bolt shoved in the plug with a piece of wire wrapped around a spoke wrapped around a coat hanger hanging on a nail. It works well for what it is. If i'm not mistaken, I thought Sparkomatic was a GM product just like Delco. Which would make the radio and speakers a "matching" pair.. It is running off of a 3 amp power supply(the one I had on the Kenwood CD player) in my basement where I work on all my stuff. If you are curious about the little box with the light switch on it, that is something I made a few years ago. It just houses 2 sets of wires for voltage in & out with one side switched. I bought the radio about a year or so ago for either 1 or 2 dollars. I have a video, I'll post a link to it later.

tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Sparkomatic AM/FM 8 track

Post by 75X11 on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:26 am

They made a decent aftermarket radio. They weren't affiliated with GM though.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tuberadiogeek on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:50 am

Its not a bad sounding radio at all. Although I may have to find better speakers as they can't quite handle the signal past half way.. I just may need to use my crossovers I have somewhere so I can block some of the bass. For now I'll just leave it as is. Its just basically a shop radio.
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top