Connecting a Dynamic microphone to a PC

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Connecting a Dynamic microphone to a PC

Post by terrydec on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:33 am

Sounds like you have it under control.  I was going to suggest two 9 volt batteries in series instead of the two AA's.  I wanted to use an LED on my project but had an incandescent lying around.

Don't forget that all you have is a board.  You'll have to hook up all of the peripherals yourself.  I would suggest a small hobby box from Radio Shack.   Another idea is something round, like a metal cigar  case, so it will look inline.
terrydec

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by tuberadiogeek on Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:35 pm

I figured two 9 volts would give me a bit more current, which will give me better battery life. Since i'm going with 18 volts, i'll use 1,000 ohm resistor, that gives me 16ma of current to the LED. I have a box picked out that should give me plenty of room. It's a 5-1/4" x 3-1/4" x 1-9/16" box. It should be perfect to fit every thing in. I'm just ordering everything from parts express because it's easier and since I have limited transportation. This will be a fun project for 31.00. I'm not only going to use my Motorola mic, but a Diesel hand mic that I got with the radio I had the Motorola on. That mic is basically brand new.
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:56 pm

Okay-
Now I'm just jealous.
terrydec

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down