What Do You Want For Supper?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What Do You Want For Supper?

Post by Wildcat445 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:56 pm

This is a loaded question, rife with possibilities for me to get into serious dutch. Rolling Eyes

"How about chili dogs?" I respond innocently enough. "Naaaah. You know what the doc said about your bum ticker. No fat, no grease, no salt, no onions," says she. "How's about fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, with corn, green beans, hand-squished biscuits and grape jelly," I ask, again innocently enough. "Who the hell do I look like, Paula Deen? Denny's is two miles down the road. I'm not your mother." says she, more impatiently than before. "Okay then, what are my choices," I ask, certain of the reasonableness of my position. "Chicken and pork", replies she. "Okay, then, my dear, pork chops with fried potatoes and onions, red-eye gravy and corn on the cob will work just fine." Surely this will be a satisfactory compromise. "Naaaaah. I think we'll have soup and a sandwich. Get me the cheese out of the fridge and bring a couple cans of chicken-noodle soup out of the pantry."

Why do I bother? If I say I don't care, she thinks I can't make a simple decision. If I ask what my choices are and make my choice, that is not right either. Why do I get suckered into answering every time? When am I gonna get smart enough to go out to the garage or take the dogs for a walk and pretend I did not hear her ask. I blame her mother. She used to do me the same way. I fell for it with her, too. Very Happy

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: What Do You Want For Supper?

Post by 75X11 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:16 am

75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:17 pm

I give you credit for being familiar with euchre. Most people have never heard of it.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:17 pm

That's what us old folks are for. Very Happy Also, I'm finishing a slab of BBQ ribs from last nights dining out. Mm, mm.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:07 pm

You know how to hurt a guy! Very Happy

My dad was a Bible-thumper if ever there was one, but get him in a euchre game and he was the most blood-thirsty individual you ever saw. He and his buddy Bob were almost unbeatable. I love the game, but I'm not as good as Dad was.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top