The old scrooge

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The old scrooge

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:19 pm

I work in the Dairy department of a "major retailer" with a man named Harvey. Harvey is a good guy, I enjoy working with him, but sometimes his nomenclature is a tad off.

We were working straightening out the "yogurt wall", when a young woman with a two year old little girl in the cart came up to us. I asked if I could help her, and she replied that she was looking for the eight packs of Trix yogurt. Harvey replied that all we had on the shelf was "Dumb Della", perhaps there was some Trix in the cooler. He left to look, when the little girl let out a blood-curtling wail "WAAAAAHHHHH!" "WAAAAAAHHHH" Big tears streamed down her face. "What's the matter, honey? Are you hurt? What's wrong?" The mother was as puzzled as were were. "That man called Dora dumb! WAAAAAHHHH!" Apparently, this little kid was a Dora the Explorer fan. I have no idea who that is, but that little kid sure did. Harvey had called Dora "Della." You gotta be careful sometimes.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: The old scrooge

Post by tuberadiogeek on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:03 pm

I'm quite familiar with Dora the Explorer. Let's just say she's a Spanglish(yes, Spanglish) speaking girl that travels around the world with her "sidekick" monkey named Boot's. It's a Nickelodeon show, that is quite popular with 2 to ??? year old girls. My niece watches her and she's 4, but I don't believe she would throw a fit if you "made fun" of Dora in front of her.
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Dora the Explorer has a silly look on her face on the yogurt package, so we call her "Dumb Dora." My sidekick got it slightly wrong and said "Della." We are gonna have to quit making fun of yogurt packages, I guess. Nobody likes to think they made a little kid bawl.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Burskey on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:58 am

Sort of reminds me of my Dad's cousin. She enjoyed watching Saturday morning cartoons, and reading the comics. When I was 8-10 years old I would correct her misnaming and mix up of cartoons and the characters. She would call Scooby Doo Snoopy Doo, Snoopy Scooby the Peanuts comic strip Walnuts. the Flintstones the Flintstens, and the Jetsons the Jebsons

Doug Burskey

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:29 pm

Besides "Dumb Della", we call WIC approved milk "mooch milk" and Weight Watchers yogurt "Fat Watcher's", and other such nomenclature. Not in an effort to offend anybody, it's just grab-ass. Something you do to promote teamwork and to pass the time. This is all well and good until a customer overhears a conversation. Then it can cause a problem. Chuck E. Cheese is another character with a pretty good little kid following. I learned a long time ago to be careful with "Chuckie" Cheese.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:10 pm

Better be careful, they might find you out and sentence you to 12 hours of Nickelodeodon and the Dizzney channel. Very Happy
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:16 pm

Who was that stupid purple dinosaur from a few years back? Old age is a bummer. I can't call the name, but I remember parents everywhere hating to watch the VCR tapes. Barney. That's it.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:26 pm

My nieces and nephews living room TV's on those shows seemingly 24/7. I can only reflect on when my folks knew me and all the other kids I knew were going straight to, you know, because we watched tv in the evening.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top