Fri 13th: Not my lucky day.

Go down

Fri 13th: Not my lucky day. Empty Fri 13th: Not my lucky day.

Post by Uffda on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:28 am

Well, I'm going to have to be a lurker on all the forums for a while. Just too hard to type with one hand. Did a flip (ok, half of one) on the ice while working today and snapped my arm in two at the top of the shaft. Good news is it won't cost $$$ or sick leave. Bad news that I had to cancel flights for a Cal. wedding and annual Fla. spring training trip. Non-refundable of course, but my brother got Delta to give me a credit. Then the ER sends me home with a loose cloth sling. Try to sleep with an un-braced break - it's like using a bayonet for an alarm clock. Hope the ortho-doc on Mon. fixes me up with some kind of cast. OK enough whining. Careful on the ice people.

-Phil

Uffda

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Fri 13th: Not my lucky day. Empty Re: Fri 13th: Not my lucky day.

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:42 am

Ohhh. Sorry about the bad luck.... Sad
That's the reason why I moved from Michigan.
One broken leg, one arm broken twice, one leg cracked once, numerous accidents, and, just plain FREEZING!!!!!
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4399

Back to top Go down

Post by Uffda on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:48 am

Ouch Bill, yet another reminder that I still have plenty of blessings to count.

Uffda

Back to top Go down

Post by terry h on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:11 pm

Hi Phil, I know of what you speak. My chainsaw and I parted company with a ladder a few years ago. Broke right arm above wrist. Looked like a Z shape.

Friday evening. Never hurt yourself on the weekend!

terry h

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Cavey on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:29 pm

I got a ticket for spinning wheels going around a corner on a Friday 13th. Yeah, I was guilty and the cop tried to play it up telling the judge that I had a 400 CID engine, 4-speed transmission etc. Irrelevant to the case technically. That cop was a real pain and was always stopping people for BS things. I understand that he later got shot during a stop. Not hard to believe...

Don Cavey

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by dorpmuller on Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Don Cavey wrote:I got a ticket for spinning wheels going around a corner on a Friday 13th. Yeah, I was guilty and the cop tried to play it up telling the judge that I had a 400 CID engine, 4-speed transmission etc. Irrelevant to the case technically. That cop was a real pain and was always stopping people for BS things. I understand that he later got shot during a stop. Not hard to believe...

So how did it turn out? Judge toss it out? I've spun wheels plenty of times with my 223 CID Ford Ranger... it's so light in the "Edited by Moderator.." Rear End.

I've heard nothing good about Baltimore cops...

Rich
dorpmuller
dorpmuller

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Cavey on Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:57 pm

It was a Howard County Copper. But the judge did a PBJ and it didn't cost any fine, points or court costs.

Now I have an 07 Mustang GT with a manual transmission. I am reluctant to spin those expensive Pirelli tires. And of course, you have to turn off the Traction Control (just a button push away) if you want to light them up. Heck, at 61, I am supposed to be some kind of role model or something right? NOT!

I did get to drive a friend's 06 Stage 3 Roush Mustang. 443 HP and that supercharger does sound sweet when it comes in. Yeah, I could buy the parts for $6,000. But I would then not be able to use 87 octane gas. Yes, 300 HP with regular, 28 MPG on trips... Life is good!

Don Cavey

Back to top Go down

Post by dorpmuller on Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:05 pm

PBJ?

Nice machinery! With these winters and getting my nurse wife to work, I stick to my Jeep Liberty. Here in Pa. you really need a truck. I thank God for mine everyday! Got no complaints about my Ford Ranger (gardening truck) either.

The redesigned Mustangs look great though. 'Bout time!

Rich
dorpmuller
dorpmuller

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Cavey on Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:57 pm

Oh yeah, for the crappy weather, the 96 Grand Cherokee is the one on the road. The Mustang is not old enough to be allowed on snow...

Don Cavey

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnesotaHam on Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:26 am

Phil, sorry to hear of your fall. I've never been to Hammond stadium but I know it's a real bummer having to miss the trip. Hope it was not your dominant arm/hand.
Coincidently, I saw our postal delivery woman get up from a fall outside her van on saturday. Happened on street level off my boulevard curb. Only a minor cut on her hand but I felt guilty as hell.

MinnesotaHam

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Uffda on Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:44 am

Well it turned out not to be a simple break. Multiple crushed bones in the socket-surgery on Fri. No driving for at
least six weeks and full function not expected to be restored. I will really be bummed out if I can't go back to my job.
At least I am already eligible for my pension. Ces't la vie.

-Phil

Uffda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum