Speaker reconing

Post by terrydec on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:13 pm

terrydec

Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Speaker reconing

Post by 75X11 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:04 pm

Nice fix. They make a flowable silicone rubber for auto glass that I have used with nylon stocking cloth to do puncture repairs. It makes a thin lightweight repair too.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:25 pm

My favorite is toilet paper. I can't count the times I've used it to fix a rip or crack. And you can't do better for glue than rubber cement. It's also what libraries use to repair loose binding.
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:08 am

While we are on the subject has anyone ran across a good way to reproduce the speaker foam or flexible part that mounts to the basket? You can buy some on ebay like this
speaker foam

But I would like a way to recreate it myself out of paper. I have quite a lot of speakers I would like to fix myself. On one of the trips with my better half I found you can get some black paper that looks and seems to be the same texture of the speaker cone at Joanns crafts. I bought a piece or two to remake the cone on a few speakers. One thing I had thought about was to make a wooden ring with groves in it. Use a router with a curved bit and a circle jig on it. Then just cut it out the size I need and wet some paper and force it into the grooves. Then apply something flexible like a mouse pad on top and clamp it down. Then let it dry and use as the speaker ring.

There are instructions on recreating the ring but has anyone found a way to recreate the ring of the speaker?

willy3486

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:43 pm

Parts Express
terrydec

Back to top Go down