I really hate Daylight Savings Time!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I really hate Daylight Savings Time!

Post by Dr. Radio on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:26 pm

For those of us unlucky individuals who live in states where we "have" to observe daylight savings time Mad I hope you can relate to my pain twice a year!

An "extra" hour of sleep huh? You're not really supposed to adjust some analog clocks "backwards", requiring a lot of spinning to get the time set "back" an hour. Easier in the Spring, but still a pain in my rear. Shocked

Why? Because my house is set-up mid-century modern analog on purpose. I'm Mr. Telechron as well. I won't give up my clocks for digital garbage built in a 3rd world country. silent

Here's some of what I have to adjust without damaging the clock or its surroundings.....

Telechron "Originality" in the Kitchen

United "Starburst" that I actually removed the original Sessions movement and installed a modified Telechron movement in the Living Room

A custom project using a GE/Telechron nautical theme in the basement bathroom

Telechron clock in my radio workshop

1965 GE clock radio (Telechron powered of course!) which wakes me up.

Apparently I'm not the only one that dislikes Daylight Savings Time.....I'll let Grandpa Jones seranade you. Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7tp5Ht33zs&sns=em
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 937
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: I really hate Daylight Savings Time!

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:54 pm

There is a house just down the street from me, 5 years old with a pool,for sale, for only $175,900. For that reasonable sum, you would not have to set all those clocks twice a year. And you would not need a snow shovel, worry about hurricanes or tornadoes. You can sell your tire chains and studded snow tires. Gets a little dusty occasionally, but that is what you have a pool for. Laughing

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Radio on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:10 pm

I knew some smarty pants from AZ would reply! lol!

Any Hawaii members here to cause me grief? lol!
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 937
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:20 pm

Glad to oblige, Doc.  I did not want you to feel slighted.  lol!

And, just for grins, parts of southern Indiana do not have to set their clocks back, either. Shocked

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:24 am

Well...........I like daylight savings time, it's a money maker for me when it comes to phones systems. As far as setting an analog clock backwards; I unplug it for an hour and let time catch up! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:16 am

Yesterday, in the morning while it was still in the forties outside the wind was also up severely, the power popped off. Called Georgia power and they said they expected to have the power up at noon. Good. A two hour wait. At 12 noon and 70 degrees inside I called again, Ms. recording said there were widespread outages and they would try to have the power up by 5. ....! They did have it up by 2. And 63 degrees. I have 2 digital clocks with battery backup, 2 analog battery quartz clocks and a digital clock that syncs to WWV 3 times a day, as does each of my watches. I had a bit of resetting to do, but the auto sync clocks and the computer did it for themselves. Those synchronous clocks are attractive and make a source of pride, but I also have to have an accurate clock or clocks, and that dealer takes all draws. I'll probably have a telechron before very long, and retire a quartz battery piece. The telechrons were the nation's standard as I grew up and I like to remember those times.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Z5 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:21 am

Can't please everyone, shoulda thought of the clocks when making your choice...

MEZLAW wrote:Well...........I like daylight savings time, it's a money maker for me when it comes to phones systems.   As far as setting an analog clock backwards; I unplug it for an hour and let time catch up!  Wink  

Same here... As far that goes, being on leading edge of eastern time zone they could implement it year round and I'd be happy... Of course my daughter in Indy wouldn't think much of that, in winter probably wouldn't be getting light in morning till around 8:30...

I remember years ago I went on a maintenance check for a TV & VCR and I offered to set the VCR's time, customer said "NO don't do that, in a couple weeks it'll be correct again"... Laughing
35Z5

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top