Went to see the doctor today.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Went to see the doctor today.

Post by 75X11 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:33 pm

My wrist has been giving me pain for the last month and a half and as opposed to having too much aspirin to try to quell it, I thought I would let the doctor have a crack at it. He x-rayed me and gave me a load of blood tests and wanted me to try gabapentin. I don't know about this stuff. This is the first time I took a drug that said may cause dizziness that makes me almost seasick walking anywhere. Although my feet feel good. But my wrist still hurts, though not quite as much. The doctor thinks I may be starting carpal tunnel syndrome. Great. I am using a left hand touchpad to use the left hand more, it's making a slight difference.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Went to see the doctor today.

Post by Wildcat445 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:01 pm

Welcome to old age, 75. I hope you find a solution. Being in pain is no fun. I wish you the best.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragwire on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:28 am

I had gabapentin once and it made me feel goofy and couldn't sleep. Maybe ask about Meloxicam. It's an anti-inflammatory. Works wonders on my back and doesn't make me dopey at all.
Ragwire

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:54 am

I guess I will have to discuss something with him. This is probably curbing the pain by 2/3, though the pain hasn't woke me up. I don't know whether it is the side effects or the pain subsidence.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top