Bill Cahill, You Better Check Out this Radio Auction in Tampa

Go down

Bill Cahill, You Better Check Out this Radio Auction in Tampa Empty Bill Cahill, You Better Check Out this Radio Auction in Tampa

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:52 pm

Right next door to you Bill. Holy smokes, tons of radios to be auctioned.

http://www.burchardgalleries.com/auctions/2009/radioauction/radioauction.htm

Back to top Go down

Bill Cahill, You Better Check Out this Radio Auction in Tampa Empty Re: Bill Cahill, You Better Check Out this Radio Auction in Tampa

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:34 am

I wish t hem good luck.

There is a 5,000.00 dollar deposti to get into the auction.
Everything goes to one bidder. You are bidding on everything.
You have to have the entire winning auction paid off by the following Monday, and, have everything out of the warehouse by the end of the week.
I think they said the warehouse is over 6500 square feet.
WAY too rich for me. Wish I could.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4386
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Bill Cahill, You Better Check Out this Radio Auction in Tampa Empty Re: Bill Cahill, You Better Check Out this Radio Auction in Tampa

Post by Tony V on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:28 am

Goodness! Thats one heck of a collection! Sometimes it seems like i have that much in my collection...lol!...as many of us do. The scary thing is that i can look in each picture and realize that i have four or more of the radio's pictured. Theres alot of desirables in there, but in this economy...i dont see how it can be done like they have it set up. It makes you wonder though what will happen to our collections when we pass on to greener pastures. It would be nice to find out what the outcome of this will be.
-Tony
Tony V
Tony V

Number of posts : 704
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Cavey on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:59 am

Bill Cahill wrote:I wish t hem good luck.

There is a 5,000.00 dollar deposti to get into the auction....
WAY too rich for me. Wish I could.
Bill Cahill

I agree. It would be neat to see. This actually made me feel good this morning. Why? Because I thought about my sickness of collecting so much stuff. Yeah, I am trying to restore and move out some stuff but I ain't there yet! I guess I don't have that much after all! (But my "Storage Area" is much smaller than this garage!)

Tony V wrote:Goodness! ....It would be nice to find out what the outcome of this will be.
-Tony

Tony,

Bookmark the page and do a follow up. They may have some kind of post later.

Don Cavey

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tube radio on Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:17 pm

I would like to see the outcome too.

Lee

tube radio

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Some rich guy from Hong Kong will probably come and bid $200K on the entire mess.

Back to top Go down

Post by jim campbell on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:32 pm

This auction has sparked my curiousity too- not that I want to bid but just to see where it is going. I am not sure that a bad economy affects collecting radios. Here is one perspective. Most radio collectors are older and financial stable. They are retired and have pensions (myself excluded). If I were to have bought more radios last year instead of contributing heavily to my 401K the radios would be on my shelf and not lost like the
money evaporated in the stock market. Just a thought. I'm probably wrong but it won't be the first time.

jim campbell

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down