The Peanut Butter Saga Continues...

Go down

The Peanut Butter Saga Continues... Empty The Peanut Butter Saga Continues...

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:23 pm

I'll just bet this peanut company is shut down...permanently.

AP – DALLAS – Texas health officials ordered the recall Thursday of peanut products from a plant operated by the company at the center of a national salmonella outbreak, days after tests indicated the likely presence of the bacteria there.

All products ever shipped from the Peanut Corp. of America plant in Plainview were recalled after the Texas Department of State Health Services said it found dead rodents, rodent excrement and bird feathers in a crawl space above a production area on Wednesday.

The recalls from the plant, which operated unlicensed and uninspected for nearly four years, are the latest bad news for the company being investigated in connection with an outbreak that has sickened 600 people and may have caused at least nine deaths. More than 2,000 possibly contaminated consumer products have already been recalled in one in one of the largest product recalls ever.

This is another plant of that company being investigated by various government agencies, including the FBI.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090213/ap_on_bi_ge/salmonella_outbreak_57

Back to top Go down

The Peanut Butter Saga Continues... Empty Re: The Peanut Butter Saga Continues...

Post by exray on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:47 pm

There's some guys who need to do time for this. I like the way they handle it in China Smile
exray
exray

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

The Peanut Butter Saga Continues... Empty Re: The Peanut Butter Saga Continues...

Post by tube radio on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:54 pm

I'm still eating my PB&J sandwitches from another company, thankfuly.

Lee

tube radio

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:58 pm

A woman friend of mine worked last year at the Jiffy peanut butter plant here in Little Rock. She said cleanliness was godliness there, and the place was continually cleaned and was totally spotless. Workers had to wear hats and masks and white clothes and gloves. I won't worry one bit about eating Jiffy peanut butter. In fact I have a big jar in the cupboard.

Back to top Go down

Post by exray on Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:18 am

I understand that you're ok with regular peanut butter from the grocery store because this outfit doesn't supply those vendors.
exray
exray

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Cavey on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:51 am

exray wrote:I understand that you're ok with regular peanut butter from the grocery store because this outfit doesn't supply those vendors.

From what I understand, Bill is right. The peanut butter in question was used to prepare other things like cookies etc. The only other application was institutional use such as 5 gallon buckets that went to cafeterias and large restaurants etc.

So eat up! I don't have any right now because if I have it in the home, I have a tendency to take a tablespoon and eat it right out of the jar. First thing you know, it is gone. I will say that fixing a PBJ for lunch when we go fishing is the thing to do because it doesn't need refrigeration and hits the spot...

Don Cavey

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:05 am

I don't dare do it now, but, I miss peanut butter, and, bannanna sandwitches.
And, Peanut butter on toast.
Y-----U------M---------!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4386

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:23 pm

Bill your a man after my own heart. Yum
However try it with the addition of miracle whip dressing. Double yum cheers
Haven't tried miracle whip on toast though. LOL
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:12 pm

I have.
Double Y--U--M--.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4386

Back to top Go down

Post by tube radio on Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:21 pm

I love PB and Bannana sandwitches.

Lee

tube radio

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by dorpmuller on Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:41 pm

exray wrote:There's some guys who need to do time for this. I like the way they handle it in China Smile

They need to be hung, slowly, at a public execution, nationally televised. The closest relative of the 8 people that died get to pull the rope, in increments.

China does have the right idea with this! I'm not for police state tactics but...

Rich
dorpmuller
dorpmuller

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Timaaay! on Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:10 am

If we eat all that peanut butter, contamination is the least of our worries. With nearly 200 calories in 2 tablespoons, 150 from fat, we'd be better off having fried eggs and bacon.
But peanut butter with Miracle Whip? Now There's a real cardiovascular dream come true. Very Happy
I'm guilty too. I love PBJ.
Timaaay!
Timaaay!

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by simplex1040 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:28 am

The MREs that FEMA distributed here had peanut butter something in it that was tainted. So that was a big Public goof
simplex1040
simplex1040

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by exray on Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:31 pm

Yeah, they say that came from that same outfit in Georgia.

Man, I hate to see Made In China on food in the supermarket these days. First off, we shouldn't have to buy food products from friggin China, and secondly because of their history of sending us bad stuff.

Now we can't even eat Georgia peanut products without fear and US meat is still banned in many countries.

Was there anything in the $800b stimulus package to get more inspectors or whatever we need to make US Food safe?
exray
exray

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou deGonzague on Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:18 pm

This is the main problem , these government agencies aren't doing the job of finding these problems before it's too late. They only react after the fact. Just like the cops, they show up after the crime happens. Let me carry my own protection and they can show up with a hearse instead of a lawyer.

Lou deGonzague

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down