"Little" Jimmy Dickens

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Little" Jimmy Dickens

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:47 pm

I need another record like I need a hole in the head, but the frau has gone shopping again.  She went to a big antique mall not far from here and brought home a Little Jimmy Dickens record.  "Country Music Hall of Fame" on Columbia, "360 Stereo" from 1961.  She bought it because she liked the cover.  She had/has no idea who Jimmy Dickens is.  He is in his 90's and is still performing on the Grand Ole Opry last I knew.  He never was the greatest singer, but he has a wonderful band.  And this is a pretty good record played on my big Imperial stereo.  "Raggedy Ann" was probably the biggest hit on this record, since Dickens had a hit on that song about that time.  Good stuff should you ever run across this album. Playing it at fairly high volume is nice, too.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: "Little" Jimmy Dickens

Post by 75X11 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:21 pm

He is still around? He was one of my grandma and grandpa's fa-vo-rites. You keep bringing up these old names from my childhood.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:25 pm

Old names from the past is my forte, 75. The screechy, poundy, noisy crap recorded currently is disgusting. It is incredible how much fantastic material still exists, totally ignored, until it is awakened by another totally ignored item nowadays.....a console stereo.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top