Dawn Sears

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dawn Sears

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:32 am

I came across this female country artist when I was doing a search for Amber Digby.  I have not heard this lady sing before.  I would like to have some of her material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cixiEyfeJSg

Paul Franklin is playing steel guitar in this video. One of the all-time best steel guitar players.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Dawn Sears

Post by willy3486 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:04 am

Hey that's Larry's country diner shown on RFD tv.I have a friend who has been on there with his band. A good ,clean, and funny show. Theres a guy in that video in the brown shirt on the right just standing there whose name is Kieth Bilbrey. If the name sounds familiar he was a long time radio announcer at WSM and the opry as well. I work in his hometown and have friends who know him.

Enough of the chit chat. If you want some of her music you can order it from
http://www.dawnsears.com/?pg=music_order

willy3486

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 am

My wife got me an Amber Digby CD for my B-day. She paid $19.00 for it. I was looking for a cheaper place to buy her CD's when I came across Dawn Sears. Thanks for the link, Willy.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonAMFM on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:23 pm

When it comes to country/western, I'm more inclined toward this Although I must say, Dawn Sears does have quite a voice on her. Anyone have any good bluegrass suggestions?
JasonAMFM

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2014-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonAMFM on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni8KBhnebwE Ah, probably should have posted it this way.
JasonAMFM

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:01 pm

Eddie Stubbs, who is the announcer on the Grand Ole Opry, played fiddle (I think) with the Johnson Mountain Boys. Bluegrass is not my thing, although I do like some of the groups. I like Carl Butler and Wilma Lee and Stony Cooper.

Dawn Sears does not appear to be a young woman. I'm really surprised that I had not at least heard of her.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:20 pm

JasonAMFM wrote: Anyone have any good bluegrass suggestions?

Check out Dailey and Vincent. They have a awsome show in person. These guys really live like they say, a good bunch of guys. But then again I am friends with Darrin the bald one. Once yo get to know him he is a really good guy and big cut up. I think a lot of him. anyway here is a video on Larrys Diner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzLWN-pgnhY

And another one that I like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KshIfJSqcHU

I also love to hear Chet and Jerry. My dad had a cousin who was good friends with Jerry. He said the way he was on Smokey and the bandit was the way he was really he way he was in person. He said he would get a call from Jerry he would pick up the phone and Jerry would say something like Son those fish are calling our names, We  gonna take your boat or mine out today.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonAMFM on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:11 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Willy. Those guys are great! Next time you talk to Darrin, tell him that you found his band a new fan. I'm ordering one of their albums.
JasonAMFM

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:07 pm

JasonAMFM wrote:Thanks for the suggestion Willy.  Those guys are great!  Next time you talk to Darrin, tell him that you found his band a new fan.  I'm ordering one of their albums.

Will do. He does a lot with Dolly Parton.He sings,plays ,produces,etc for her. One time we were talking and I told him to tell her she had two of the biggest beautiful eyes I ever saw . I said every time I see her on TV I just starred at those two beautiful eyes. When he was with Ricky Skaggs I use to see him often but now I work out of town and he is on the road a lot more. So I don't get to see him much but I do every once in a while. He is a really nice guy and his wife is as well.  

Here is his sister, she also sings.

Here is another group you may like. You probably have never heard of them but they have a story like that of Sixto Rodreguez. They are in demand in other places like Japan and I think Ireland. They have been all over the world. I worked with Dale before he retired last year. He is a incredibly nice fellow. I loved to see him come into the building I was in. I enjoyed talking to him. Anyway here is a video of him and the group. If you remember me posting pictures of the amp I rebuilt ,it was his.

Here is their website. If you like them you can buy CDs there on their site.
http://www.clusterpluckers.com/indexx.html

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:42 pm

I like the classic way that Dawn Sears sings. Not that cookie cutter stuff they play now days. I'm a Dailey and Vincent fan also. Thanks for mentioning them.
Tony V

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top