Tony Stewart HITS Sprint Car Driver Kevin Ward Jr

Go down

Tony Stewart HITS Sprint Car Driver Kevin Ward Jr

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:20 am

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Stewart HITS Sprint Car Driver Kevin Ward Jr

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:24 am

They are still investigating this incident. I am going to reserve comment or judgment until more information becomes available. It is tragic that a young man lost his life.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Z5 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:53 pm

Wildcat445 wrote:They are still investigating this incident.  I am going to reserve comment or judgment until more information becomes available.  It is tragic that a young man lost his life.  

WC

Same here but even if Tony is cleared he'll be dealing with the repercussions for years...

Tom
35Z5
35Z5

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Motorola man on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:41 pm

I watched the uncut video of the incident yesterday, and t's plain to see that the guy walked into the path of Tony's car. Unless the car was on fire, he should have never gotten out of it until the safety crew got there. There's always mandatory safety meetings before each race to address stuff like that. It's tragic, but it was his own fault.
Motorola man
Motorola man

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:38 am

Looks like the person who put up that video has him tried and convicted already.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4468
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:10 am

In my younger years I was around dirt track race car drivers and watched races a lot.
My aunt and uncle lived next door to a dirt track and their neighbor was next to it. The neighbors there would go to his field to watch the races. We didn't sit close to the track as you never knew when a car would go over the track, I saw one do that. I also had a uncle who built and raced them in his youth.

A few things I noticed on the videos floating out there.

Drivers slide these types of cars to steer. I don't think they have mirrors . Many of the cars I saw race didn't have mirrors. Your view was what you could see to the sides and in front of you. I have sat in dirt track race cars and all I could see was what was in front of you and some on the sides.

Racing is dangerous,period. One thing a driver never needs to do is get out of the car unless it is on fire. And they do not need to run into traffic.
I have heard this stewart guy was a hothead. This guy who got hit should not have run toward a guy known for being hot tempered.

It looked to me that they were not completely out of the turn before this guy tried to pass stewart. You can get pinned in like that in racing.

There has been lot said on Stewarts temper but what about the other guy ,was he known for being a hothead as well.

Racing can be a testosterone fuels sport so to speak. It can have a lot of folks being the top dog or a jock so to speak. You have fights,temper tantrums and wrecks. But to me the cause of this event is the guy who gets out of the car and goes toward. I think you had a lot of little things happen to cause a bad event. Two guys racing, both probably hotheads. Stewart did one of three things to cause the wreck, it was intentional to get the guy back, he was use to bumping or "hotdogging ", it could be due to him not being as use to driving on a dirt track as he is nascar or it could be he was just trying to race and he didn't realize the guy was there.

As far as stewart hitting him I would bet he wasn't trying to hit him. Even with someone prone to anger surely he would realize if he did intentionally hit him it would be bad. I read a lot on him speeding in the turn but that can help with racing. When I see a curve ahead driving I will take my foot off the gas pedal so it can slow down slightly. I then will give it a little gas to get better traction. I learned that from racers. I found out with rain and slippery conditions it helps to steer. In other words if it is a 55 mph zone I will let the car slow to about 45 then give it a little gas to get it to say 50. By the time I get out of the curve I am up to 55.

It was a sad event that shouldn't have happened. Because of that drivers anger he got out of the car. And now he lost his life and stewart will have to carry this burden of killing him the rest of his life.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down