Another "Wild" Cat Story

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Another "Wild" Cat Story - Page 2 Empty Re: Another "Wild" Cat Story

Post by Dr. Radio on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:34 pm

WC,

I'm pretty tight fisted with some parts (don't try to ask for the correct metallic blue molded clock knobs found on the Crosley dashboard D-25BE radios!) Smile

But I am a big Telechron enthusiast and restorer (remember I'm the one that "pioneered" non destructive oiling of rotors with synthetic motor oil) so I have lots of misc for telechron based clocks and timers.
Dr. Radio
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:51 pm

I was thinking more along the line of genuine cheap plastic knobs like the used on the clock part of GE and Philco clock radios. Seems like I have several missing. I have a stash of those knobs, I think. Maybe. Somewhere. Rolling Eyes

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonAMFM on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:03 am

I had a friend who would have loved to get his hands on the box of black beauties. Sadly, I haven't heard from him in years. But he was a genius with working on guitars and amplifiers. Fine guitar player as well. He could make a junk electric guitar sound pretty darn good with some new wires, caps, pots, and a soldering iron. Do you still have any of the black beauties? I could try and track him down.
JasonAMFM
JasonAMFM

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2014-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:24 am

Neat find. If you still have some of that stuff later on in the winter I may be interested. I like the sounds of the rca manuals and the NRI meter. One of my elmers was a NRI graduate.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:32 am

Dr. Radio wrote:Oh, ok. Smile

Keep me in mind for any other clock parts. Wink

I will, and thanks! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:45 am

Dr. Radio wrote:WC,

I'm pretty tight fisted with some parts (don't try to ask for the correct metallic blue molded clock knobs found on the Crosley dashboard D-25BE radios!) Smile

But I am a big Telechron enthusiast and restorer (remember I'm the one that "pioneered" non destructive oiling of rotors with synthetic motor oil) so I have lots of misc for telechron based clocks and timers.

You wouldn't have one of these for parts would you? I have this radio and I am needing some of the clock parts. I think I need the numbered bezel, the back of the dial and motor. It was the first tube radio I ever had and I want to restore it. I might be interested in a whole radio. I am in no hurry, I have wanted to restore it for 20 years.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1948-Telechron-8H67-Musalarm-Brown-Bakelite-Tube-Radio-Alarm-Clock-WORKS-/361010315123?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item540de43f73&nma=true&si=TLC8bN%252BYRbxcH6yop4yw9AynSRA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2