Progression and it's opposite-depression

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Progression and it's opposite-depression

Post by terrydec on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:44 pm

First I want to recommend a great, but really soppy, movie I just saw- "The Book Thief".

I sold a mic cable today.  It got chilly here so the eBay curse must have thought it was fall.  That's a progressive thing.

We all know what propagation is- It's the changes in atmosphere that affect radio signals.  Apparently that's not all it affects.  We had a major front move through the Ohio Valley this week with daytime temperatures in the 70's and night time temperatures in the 50's.  Thursday my back hurt worse than I ever remember, ever .  I literally had to slide off the bed and crawl into the kitchen for some pain medication, and then go back to bed and wait for it to work.  I went for an MRI and Xrays today.  They don't give you film anymore, just a disk.  But the tech let me scroll through the images.  My lower back looks like rocks smashed together.  That's a depression thing.

My cat almost died a few weeks ago.  Actually he was dying.  He didn't eat, made a spot in the laundry basket and just started shutting down.  I'd watched another cat do that and die.  I decided I wasn't going through that again.  It cost over $300 and it's taken him about three weeks to get back to his old self.  But he has, which is a progressive thing.  

The other day my dog just started throwing up.  He throw up 6 times here at home and 3 times at the vet.  They gave him a bunch of stuff that stopped it but they took an Xray to make sure there wasn't something in his digestive tract.  There wasn't, but he has cancer.  I haven't decided how to handle it yet.  It'll be between $700 and a thousand.  I'm not going to do the 'ole Yeller bit so I'll have to work it out somehow.  That's a depressive thing.

I've spent most of the past couple of weeks trying to deal with the fact that no matter what I do, I can't stay in this house another year.  My basic expenses- rent, food, insurance, utilities, etc., come to around $550 a month, give or take a hundred.  Add to that the vet stuff.  I get $767 S.S.A. + $27 in food stamps.  In my old apartment I didn't pay utilities and my other expenses were around $200.  I bought radios, microphones, (I paid the factory $200 to rebuild an EV RE-20)- all kinds of stuff.  Here I've finally run out of stuff to sell and have to borrow a few bucks from my nephew each month. I'll have to move again.  That's a depression thing- and so is this-

The hose in my truck that goes from the fillup cap to the gas tank is full of cracks. It just happened.  The last time I went to fill up it started pouring out on the ground.  I've filled some of them with silicone and tried tape.  The hose itself is $110.  I can get one on eBay for $40 but I can't find a mechanic that will put it in.

I have an appointment with my psychiatrist next week.  I'm trying to figure out how to be honest with him about my depression and bipolar cycles without going back in the hospital.
 What a Face 
terrydec

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Progression and it's opposite-depression

Post by 75X11 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:24 am

Be honest with your doctor. He needs to know in order to treat you correctly without having to play catch up from a worse state.The day to day things will come and go, but you need to hang on to your health. Maybe you could run an ad offering your electronic repair services in exchange for the fuel tank work.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Good idea- thanks
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by simplex1040 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:31 am

If I was closer I would put fuel fill pipe on
simplex1040

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:02 pm

You might try finding a mobile mechanic. Many times they are not so particular what they work on, and are more accomodating.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:20 pm

simplex1040 wrote:If I was closer I would put fuel fill pipe on

I have used Gorilla tape and I'm putting in $5 at a time. Yesterday only a small amount, about 4" wide, dripped out on the ground.  That's a major improvement. If I put in $5 then I know I can go around 16 miles.  My gas gauge is scaring me.  It pins way past the "F" point, like all the way to the right.  It acts like the gauge is directly connected to the battery.  That can't be from the float.  The float measures 145 ohms full and 22 ohms empty.  Plus it is limited by how high it can go.  It can only go to "F", or fuel.  I'm afraid that the gauge will burn out.  There is fuel gauge fuse but I hesitate to pull it out because it might be connected to something else, like the slosh detector.
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top