Dial Scale

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dial Scale

Post by frank1956 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi,
I have a question about a dial scale for a Silvertone 7054. The one I have is pretty faded, you can hardly read the station letters. I was wondering if any one knew where I might get a replacement or someone that might be able to restore it. The dial itself works, just need the entire faceplate re-done. Thanks
frank1956

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Dial Scale

Post by willy3486 on Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:08 am

One trick I have done if I can't find one is this. I will look online for one like it or similar. I print out one I like the size I need. Many of these dials are held in place with the pop in plugs,rivets or whatever they are called. I will get a very thin clear plexiglas piece or if I have a piece big enough a piece from these sealed packages that are clear, the type you have to cut the product out of. I will save the bigger pieces I get. I will sandwich the paper dial I printed between the two pieces of plastic. Usually it will be the same or similar in size and fit. If it won't I will put one plastic piece on top of the dial. I have found that works if you can't find one. There is a nice group online at the link below. You might could copy one you need and resize as needed.

http://www.indianaradios.com/Antique%20Radio%20Tuning%20Dials%20Gallery.htm

willy3486

Number of posts : 1394
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by frank1956 on Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:38 am

Thanks for the replay, I will check out the link.
frank1956

Back to top Go down

Post by frank1956 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:15 pm

frank1956

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:20 pm

One thing you might could do is to scan it to a computer. Then clean up the image and touch up the colors on the numbers and such. Then print it on paper and you could even glue it on a file folder. The pins holding yours is what I was talking about you could pop out. Then trim the new piece you fabricated you could apply to the old piece.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1394
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top