Saving my cat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Saving my cat

Post by terrydec on Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:47 pm

Last night I noticed that my cat was acting weird.  He wouldn't jump up on the bed and cuddle.  This morning I found him huddled up in the laundry basket.  It was obvious he hadn't eaten and he would walk over to the water bowl, stand there, then walk away.  He was shutting down.  I had watched another cat die and I wasn't going through that again.  Time for a trip to the vet.

Aside: The clinic that we go to is the most well known in the area.  I met one guy there who had brought his dog over 20 miles.  It is run by a family, they are the best, the cheapest and will work with you on the bill, (thank goodness).  The flip side is that you usually have to wait hours to see a doctor.  I have waited 5 hours before.  They have a service where they put you in line and telephone you to come back.  

Today I had to wait about two hours and I'm glad i did.  My cat, (named kitten-don't ask), has a raging kidney infection.  If I hadn't brought him in today he probably would have been dead tomorrow.

Anyway.  He just drank some water.  I lifted him up on the table where his food is and he's eating.  Yippee.

Some people can't understand this; but they ARE our children and I'd do the same thing for them as any other family member.
terrydec

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Saving my cat

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:08 pm

Glad for the good news. I am an animal lover myself, and, would do anything I could for my animals. I love them...............

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4530
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:56 pm

Your'e lucky to have found a good practice and to have noticed your friend's problem in time.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliot Ness on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:24 pm

Great news! Another furry friend is saved  Very Happy
Eliot Ness

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down