eBay Summer Slump

Go down

eBay Summer Slump Empty eBay Summer Slump

Post by terrydec on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:34 pm

I'm trying to sell a microphone, (or was, I finally ended it).  There are 17 listings of the same microphone and I've been watching them all.  9 have been relisted, 5 sold for the minimum auction price of $9.95, and 4 ended with no bids.  

I also have a fairly rare 4 pin cable for sale.  It has been relisted every 30 days for 3 months.  Just before it stopped selling I sold 6 in one month. 2 of these while I was in the hospital.

I guess I'll wait until September.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

eBay Summer Slump Empty Re: eBay Summer Slump

Post by 75X11 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:07 pm

I saw Greg Davis was having some slow selling recently as well. Maybe the bucks are a bit sparse these days, at least that would be my guess. I just bought 1 big ticket item, a Creative Labs mp3 player, and that will probably be it for awhile.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Radio on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:31 pm

It has more to do with what "section" of EBAY. The mics may be slow, but not the stuff I buy/sell. Plastics and Bakelite radios are selling for crazy money again without the holiday hoopla. I'm on my mobile, so I can't post good links easily, but I have examples when I get to a laptop.

Makes me scratch my head. All I hear is how bad the economy is, yet for the past 3 or so summers/falls I see prices on par with the crazy spending of the late 1990s....
Dr. Radio
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:14 pm

Dr. Radio wrote:It has more to do with what "section" of EBAY. The mics may be slow, but not the stuff I buy/sell. Plastics and Bakelite radios are selling for crazy money again without the holiday hoopla. I'm on my mobile, so I can't post good links easily, but I have examples when I get to a laptop.

Makes me scratch my head. All I hear is how bad the economy is, yet for the past 3 or so summers/falls I see prices on par with the crazy spending of the late 1990s....

I wish I had some of those to sell.  I only have five left but each one has a defect so I can't sell it anyway.  I'd love to sell just one of my mic cables.  I need to have some shocks installed in my truck and the cost to install them is almost exactly the selling price of the cable.  It is really hard to live on $767 a month and pay utilities too.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum