Another Magnavox Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another Magnavox Thread

Post by Wildcat445 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:08 am

Okay, guys.  Here is your chance.  You can egg me on, or tell me to take a hike.  Your choice.  I enjoyed researching the thread on Magnavox Imperials.  I propose another thread, maybe on the Symphony series, or maybe even Concert Grand.  Again, your choice.  Or maybe on the Astro-Sonic solid state models.  Or the earlier mono models.  As long as it is about a Magnavox, I'm down for the project.  Admittedly, my interest and knowledge lies more in the tube models.  Two years ago, solid state console stereos were curb fodder.  Now there is a small interest in them with the resurgence of interest in "vinyl."  They built many, many, many times more of them than the tube stereo models.  They are common as dirt, and every Craigslist in the country has a semi-load of them listed for sale, sometimes at astronomical prices.  The tube stereos are still plentiful, especially the lower-line models.  Some are still pristine, while others are neglected dogs.  The guitar amp guys are finding Magnavox amplifiers difficult and relatively expensive to modify due to the controls being in the tuner chassis.  Nobody wants to pay big bucks for a 20 watt amplifier.  Whatever the decision is, and if we forge ahead, my suggestion would be that this thread be of an informational nature, and that the color of the getter and other impertinent information be reserved for another thread.  I suggest compiling a resource that can be used for reference. I also suggest that it be understood that everyone's input is necessary and welcome with tidbits of information.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Magnavox Thread

Post by 75X11 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:50 pm

I find whatever information you present on the subject to be interesting and always a welcome addition. I have seen an instance or two where new info has come to light even during your posts on the subject. I would also like to see a bit about the company itself and its' history, as well. I think you have a good eye for research and you could break new ground in this area.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Thank you, 75. I appreciate those kind words. Finding new information is what makes it fun. I will do some research on Magnavox and see what I can come up with. I remember that Mr. Jensen of Jensen speakers was one of the guys who was involved with Magnavox. Magnavox and Jensen were "cousins" for several years, ala RCA and Delco Radio. I may start that way, then go to a specific series after that. Thanks for the input, 75.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Burskey on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:03 pm

Well I'm going to "egg you on" M-vox is a company I would like to know a little more about it's products. I'm shure  there are many former M-vox employees still living around Fort Wayne In. like engineering, assembly, sales etc.

Doug Burskey

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:50 pm

Okay, then. What do you guys feel should be our first avenue of pursuit? I would also like to find some factory documentation, maybe some owner's manuals and such.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kbruce on Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:55 pm

Doug Burskey wrote:Well I'm going to "egg you on" M-vox is a company I would like to know a little more about it's products. I'm shure  there are many former M-vox employees still living around Fort Wayne In. like engineering, assembly, sales etc.
I am in this camp and agree with what Doug had to say. I would love to hear 1st hand stories from former Maggie employees.
y2kbruce

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2014-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top