Blast ebay!!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blast ebay!!!

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed May 28, 2014 10:44 am

Now, while trying to check on shipment of an item I bought, ebay demands I reset my password!!
Oh, am I MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Bill Cahill on Thu May 29, 2014 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I was in a bad mood, and, chose a word I didn't like.)

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4523
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Blast ebay!!!

Post by 75X11 on Wed May 28, 2014 11:35 am

There was a massive security breach with Ebay last week. That is why.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 am

I spent twenty min. on the phone with them. Now, no matter what password I try to reset with it calls it invalid.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed May 28, 2014 11:53 am

I spent another ten min trying to reset password. It finally went through. Oh, am I mad!!!!!!!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Z5 on Wed May 28, 2014 12:33 pm

Bill Cahill wrote:I spent another ten min trying to reset password. It finally went through. Oh, am I mad!!!!!!!

Well you're gonna just have to get over it, changed mine last week...
35Z5

Number of posts : 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Burskey on Wed May 28, 2014 1:03 pm

I had that problem as well. Invalid password an then it was to weak. What more do they want??!!!

Doug Burskey

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed May 28, 2014 1:33 pm

eBay did recently require a password change. Thank goodness I was able to change mine.

My problem is with YouTube and ARF. I have several videos on YouTube and I've just spent hours trying to access them. The same with ARF. I can change my password over and over but can't change my email address. My password changes keep getting sent to my old email. YouTube let me add a new address, but keeps sending password changes to my old insighbb address.
I was able to access one channel on YouTube and found that someone has been trying to reach me for years. The last post linked to here. Who ever you are -did you find me?
terrydec

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed May 28, 2014 1:56 pm

That is the way they want passwords on our accounts at work. It always seems when I finally cobble together something that passes their stink test, I immediately forget it! That's when I get mad!
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Wed May 28, 2014 2:40 pm

I changed mine the day the breach was announced. It took me a whole 5 minutes from beginning to end. No biggie here and definitely not worth getting upset about.
Tony V

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragwire on Wed May 28, 2014 3:34 pm

75X11 wrote:That is the way they want passwords on our accounts at work.  It always seems when I finally cobble together something that passes their stink test, I immediately forget it!  That's when I get mad!
Amen.

XXXXXXXX

"Sorry, your password has too many characters"

XXXXXX

"Sorry, your password has too few characters"

XXXXXXX

"Sorry, your password must contain both capital and lower case letters"

XxXXxXX

"Sorry, your password must begin and end with capital letters with lower case in between"

XxxxxxX

"Sorry, your password must contain on number and two symbols"

Xx0x##X

"Sorry, the symbols in your password must precede the number"

Xx##0xX

"Sorry, your password must arrange the numbers and symbols so that they are interupted by a lower case letter between, but not including, the letters a and c"

X#b#0xX

"Sorry, your password must contain a number between, but not including, the numbers 7 and 9"

X#b#8xX

"Sorry, the number in your password must be between the last two letters"

X#b#x8X

"Sorry, you password must be Z#bx8X"

Z#bx8X

"Congratulations! Your password has been reset to something with so many possible combinations that no one will guess it!"

Ragwire

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed May 28, 2014 4:06 pm

I just reset the Myspace password twice.  I can't sign in with either one.  Plus it refuses to accept my new email address because it is an Alternative.  What's funny?  The notice that it won't accept my new email address came to my new email address.

Unless you have a smartphone, tablet, e reader, GPS and voice recognition; and belong to ALL of the following, Google Chrome, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, the cloud, (whatever the hell that is)  and own all of the following- Blu Ray, 3DTV, HULu, RUKU and Voodoo; then you are too old to be able to communicate.

Oh right, I forgot texting.  I can't reach my nephew if he is on his wife's phone because it only takes text.  There are listings on Craigslist that you can only reach by text.

(I have a feeling that this is going to be a very long post)
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed May 28, 2014 4:59 pm

I just clicked on my gmail account. Usually it just loads email and I check for messages. Only two people use that account, my current landlady and my former landlord.

However this time I had to upgrade. HAD to because there was no alternative. Plus I had to change my account from terrydec46@gmail.com to terrydec47@gmail.com. 46 was already in use, (by me), but no longer active.

So that makes two sites in recent weeks that REQUIRED me to change information. Plus with gmail I had to complete a long list of stuff. I probably told Amazon to send me their entire inventory, who knows. Most of the questions concerned stuff I've never heard of- Do I want my circle of favorites chat room to be seen or hidden? How do you answer a question like that?
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed May 28, 2014 6:00 pm

"Reply hazy, ask again later."  Laughing 
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed May 28, 2014 6:42 pm

I just had to re-reset my eBay password. I'm using the one I used before the mandatory password change. bounce 

EITHER-

A) Every site has decided to upgrade all at once, (could be since everything is connected together now)
B) I've picked up another virus
C) the internet is finally starting to collapse from it's own weight. Try to imagine just how much information is traveling at any given moment, especially when a YouTube photo of your cat rolling over goes "Viral", whatever that means. If I'm not mistaken isn't this is basically the same thing developed for five universities to share information?
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed May 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Ebay advised me to change mine after I had already changed it. I think they are getting the word out ad infinitum after being heavily criticized for not advising their users immediately upon their knowledge of the breach. They get one change from me despite their panic.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed May 28, 2014 8:22 pm

I have two computers, an HP laptop and a desktop put together by my computer guy.  I bought the new computer after mine got infested with viruses, but that's another story.  My laptop is wireless, the desktop is hard wired with an Ethernet cable to the router.

Here's the point.  The laptop isn't doing any of the things that the desktop is.  I.e. demanding all of the changes. I sign onto gmail and it works just like it always worked, except the passwords have changed.

The laptop is XP, the desktop is Win 7.
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 28, 2014 9:17 pm

If you used the same password for Paypal, then you better change that too!

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed May 28, 2014 11:55 pm

Since I have to change them every few weeks I just more the same letters around.

And yeah, I figured out that this is all Windows 7.  It is actually a social media platform.  Chat rooms, favorite circles, blogs, streaming radio, video or streaming peoples lives.  One girl charges a fee just to follow her around all day.

What is a Kardaschian?
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu May 29, 2014 9:11 am

I wasn't informed of the breach. I didn't find out I had to change my password until I tried logging in... I was told by Tony about the breach . Didn't know a thing about it.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Thu May 29, 2014 11:45 am

75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragwire on Thu May 29, 2014 2:39 pm

terrydec wrote:The laptop is XP, the desktop is Win 7.
And now they aren't supporting XP, so you are almost forced to downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.
Ragwire

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Thu May 29, 2014 3:18 pm

Um, actually Win 7 is an upgrade.

I took an A+ certification class and part of the class was building our own computers.  If you downloaded an OS it was XP.  If you got the disks, with the code, office, etc.,(duh), the OS was 64.  Until Vista NOTHING would load onto 64.  No video, no programs, no music, nothing. You think they'd mention something about that.

The upside was that we got student rebates from Tiger Direct on all our parts.  The computers wound up costing about fifty bucks.
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragwire on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:05 am

terrydec wrote:Um, actually Win 7 is an upgrade.
I respectfully disagree. A more stable and usable version than XP would indeed be an upgrade.
Ragwire

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:44 pm

Ragwire wrote:
terrydec wrote:Um, actually Win 7 is an upgrade.
I respectfully disagree. A more stable and usable version than XP would indeed be an upgrade.

From the Microsoft website:
"Windows 7 was primarily intended to be an incremental upgrade to the operating system, intending to address criticisms faced by its predecessor."
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragwire on Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:42 am

Perhaps you're thinking in terms of what is advertised. I'm thinking in terms of my actual experience.  Laughing 

No negativity toward you, I'm just having fun...but I do hate 7.
Ragwire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top