My Parents had a home invasion last night!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Parents had a home invasion last night!!

Post by scottb on Tue May 27, 2014 8:49 pm

I bought my parents lake home in WI 20 years ago to keep it in the family. It is a Si Williams house and will stay in the family forever.
Anyways 1:30 am, my Mom hears men's voices in the house. All of the doors have deadbolts except the attached garage entrance, so that is how they snuck in. Yes that will be fixed!! Anyways these guys met my 80 year old dad with his 45 and my Mom with her snub nose 38. They stated they were there to remedy a bat problem and ran out of the house saying they had the wrong house. Yes bat problems are fixed at night when they are out but then why sneak in the house?? They were caught breaking into another house about 30 minutes later by the police. My parents were told these are the kind of guys looking to steal anything for a drug fix and there are a lot more of them.
My garage was broken into this winter, while I was home, neighbor notified me of flashlights in my garage. Long story short, this is hitting to close to home, I am a good shot, but now wife and I are going to spend more time at the gun range, to protect ourselves, Grandchildren when they stay with us and our dogs. I do not care what gets taken or wrecked at my house, but once inside and I am threatened, it is lights out, nite nite, game over!!!!

scottb

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Re: My Parents had a home invasion last night!!

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue May 27, 2014 9:22 pm

It is good that nobody was hurt.

The best remedy for a thief is a butt full of buckshot. Sound like you are well prepared for that. Good luck.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue May 27, 2014 9:22 pm

I'm glad the invasion was thwarted safely. You are right to practice, that will always help to keep control of any bad situation. Good neighbors are a strong ally as well. I also have motion detecting lights around the house that brighten from a normal standby mode to a near floodlight level.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 28, 2014 12:33 am

Anyways these guys met my 80 year old dad with his 45 and my Mom with her snub nose 38.

I love it and carry an M1911 myself. Mine is a Range Officer made by Springfield Armory.

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed May 28, 2014 1:38 pm

No Trespassing
Survivors will be prosecuted

Don't Beware of Dog
Beware of 45
terrydec

Number of posts : 1052
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragwire on Wed May 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Probably just another couple lives saved by guns that won't be on CBS National News.

Ragwire

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top